White Hoping Titans RBs Next 1,000-Yard Duo

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Dec 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: LenDale White needs 326 yards over the last three games to join rookie Chris Johnson as a 1,000-yard rusher. If he were to do this, they would be only the fifth tandem in NFL history to reach the 1,000-yard plateau in the same season. "I don't know how many yards I am behind or not, but I'm still going to go for it," White said. "I'm going to push as hard as I can to get over that mark." Cleveland's Kevin Mack and Earnest Byner, running backs coach for the Titans, comprised the last tandem to reach 1,000 yards in the same season in 1985.

View full article
    What do you think about this story? post your comments below.

2. bgtitanfan

bgtitanfan Guest

now that would be nice. If you want it go get it.

3. mcmojo

mcmojo Starter

Can he do it? Yes, but he will have to have at least one monster game. I imagine it would be a good idea for the Titans to give Lendale more carries than Johnson the last few weeks so that Johnson has fresh legs for the playoffs. That might help Lendale get to 1,000 yards.

I don't think it will happen though.

4. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

No way, unfortunately. Unless we play the lions or chiefs again.

5. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

With Pitt in the mix not a chance. Nice to dream though.

6. mcmojo

mcmojo Starter

Yes, that's why I think he would need one monster game - either Houston or Indy. He won't be getting a lot of yards against the Steelers more than likely.

7. Aday25

Aday25 TITANSDAY

he'd need 3 games with at least 108 average for each...i don't see it happening...unless he gets ALL of the carries. Then he could possibly do it...but CJ will get his carries.

8. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

I'd rather see CJ get to 1451 to be the all-time Oilers / Titans rookie leader

9. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Ditto, puck.

I'm betting neither make those marks though.

I'm hoping CJ breaks 1300, which he said a couple of weeks ago was the goal for the #1 back coming into the season. Didn't say what the goal was for the #2.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar