White Hopes to be Ready for June Minicamp

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, May 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. theprizdfighter

theprizdfighter Newb to the 19.5°

Some what productive?? You only think he MIGHT be some what productive??

2. Payton, is great, you should have seen him play in NFL Europe, he was awsome.

3. theprizdfighter

theprizdfighter Newb to the 19.5°

There is only one thing wrong with your statement "in NFL Europe".

4. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

good one. Payton is beloved just because of his father. He's basically a novelty act. A mediocre NFL running back would dominate in Europe, going against scout teamers. I bet if we put him back on the practice squad, no one would offer to pick him up. He's not his dad. The only reason he played is because everyone else who was any good was hurt or suspended.

5. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

You got it.

6. CanadaTitan

CanadaTitan Guest

henry is our best back if you ask me

7. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Like I said...

Brandon Jacobs, Ciatrick Faison and Marion Barber all went just prior to when we picked Nash.

I don't think I do. I think it's the organization that keeps picking up RBs who are 5'9" and weigh 213-215 lbs. Why would that be?

Nah, I don't want to see him there either, but that doesn't mean they won't play him there on the occasional snap, especially if they're losing confidence in Flemming.

I would really like to see Flemming play up to his potential. And I do like pulling for Payton as well. Some sad choices ahead.

8. Bobo

Bobo Guest

You said he was picked because we missed all the good rb's. IMO it looked like he was taken too high, and there were others guys that appeared just as good or better. Cedric Houston got some praise last year in NY, and he would have been my guy (and had a round later too).

I just remember you making a comparison between Henry and Nash just because of their similar size, but there was no way to compare a guy who hadn't run at all in the league to a guy known to run very hard. So I think the size relationship is thrown out the window when they're trying to find the best back to keep. For example, Henry may be the hardest runner, but he's not the best blocker. Maybe the best blocker is Gaither (from what we've heard anyway). If they want a guy who can be more of a 3rd down back, maybe that helps Gaither.

I still think Brown/Henry/Lendale are the 3 that make it. Maybe someone gets traded if a rb goes down before the season. I really want to see the other 3 rb's in preseason, but PS seems most likely for either Nash or Gaither

As long as they don't ask Lendale to block, but maybe we can see two rb's on the field at once this year. I thought Troy blocked better last year, but still disapointed overall (but also wasn't given a lot of chances). I thought there was a good chance they try to bring someone else in to compete, especially with all our late picks. Maybe they think Gaither can do that, but why not pick a guy who played fb in college? I want to see Troy explode for a big year, and maybe they don't plan on giving him much competition unless one of these rb's is tried as a fb.

9. we really do not need another rb without lettin 1 or 2 go, it is gonna only hurt us by not having the cap room

10. IMO, one out of the 3 RBs(White, Brown, Henry) WILL be gone soon, and it will most likely be either Brown or Henry. I just hope the RBs don't share carries like how Brown and Henry did last year..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar