Whisenhunt says he doesn’t need to bring in his own quarterback

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Pro Football Talk, Apr 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

I don't believe what anyone says this close to draft time, especially the head coach.

"to be honest I haven't really thought of it that way"

Whitehurst is his own guy and every new head coach thinks that way. That's why you see so many teams with new HCs take "their own guy".

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

Exactly....Everyone is on the Barr train, but I don't think it's happening, and to be honest, I hope it doesn't. That is coming from someone that prefers Defesne first as well. If we go Defense, we don't need a project. I want an instant impact guy, at a position of need. If that's the case, they should trade down because it would be worth it.

3. SlidePiece

SlidePiece Starter

"We like Fitz...."

Chances are our #2 will be our #1 at some point this season. As much as they like Jake personally, they know they have to do what's best for the team. Jake shouldn't be immune to competition.

Currently, he's not healthy enough to practice, Whitehurst is the #2, and we've been spending time with several QB's in this draft class. My money is on us taking one by the 2nd round.

• High Five High Five x 2
  4. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

Thank you my friend, well said

5. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

/ thuh / tenθ /pɪk /

6. Ten_Titans

Ten_Titans Pro Bowler

Sorry man I don't speak gibberish.

Translation?

7. xhrr

xhrr Starter

No the worst thing that could happen is Jake blows or gets hurt but we end up eeking out 7-8-9 wins and pick in the 12-16 range outside of when all the elite passers get selected.

8. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

Hundley.... No no no.

9. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

Worst case scenario is we take a QB at 11 but give Jake the start. Jake gets hurt/sucks weeks 3-5 so we give the rookie the reins and he not only sucks but it's clear he's not the answer.Now we've really wasted a 1st round pick and have no QB to show for it which in turn forces us to potentially reach for a bad QB in next year's draft too.

10. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

If the draft room thinks there's a 'can't miss' QB candidate for this team - you gotta take him regardless of RBs and holes on defense. Having a bad season doesn't mean you'll get an opp to draft Brees or Manning next year...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar