Whisenhunt says he doesn’t need to bring in his own quarterback

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Pro Football Talk, Apr 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Jake Locker is not Vince Young, he doesn't need phony stories written to build up his confidence. Thats one of his best attributes, the guy is a professional.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Very true. We definitely tend to overthink things as fans. But like you said, if you take a step back and look at things from Whisenhunt's perspective, it's just almost unfathomable that we don't draft a QB at some point in the draft. Tough to see any HC being confident heading into the season with that QB group we currently have.

• High Five High Five x 3
  3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Bridgewater or Bortles. If we get the chance at either Id pull the trigger. Locker's my guy and Im rooting him on, but both Bridgewater and Bortles can flat out ball. And we dont have a No.2 QB on the roster, so yea.... QB at 11 ONLY if Bridgewater or Bortles are there. Then RB at 42 and our offense is complete with or with Locker.

• High Five High Five x 3
  4. LoneWolf

LoneWolf Starter

I can see a scenario like last year where the top QB's fall. We could very well end up with our choice of QB. No Qb this year has that "wow" factor and their is very little separation between the 1st round talent and the 2nd day prospects.

5. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

I agree 100% Brave....You know I like Locker too, and I want him to succeed, but we just can't put all of our faith in that at this point, and neither can a good coach in Whiz. If either of those two fall to #11, you almost have to take one for multiple reasons. Like you said, we need a backup, and also someone that may replace Jake. Whitehurst and Wilson aren't the answer. This team has players ready to breakout, they just don't (especially on offense) because we had terrible coaching, inconsistent QB play/availability, and an unmotivated declining RB, as well as an injured one in Greene. The team now has great coaches, more depth, and now they need to drive it home with a good draft.

6. Mberglo

Mberglo Starter

If we can first or second choice QB at #11, I suppose I could see it. What I don't want is fourth choice of QBs in the draft, thinking they will be franchise quality, cause it's not realistic. Perennial winners are built around stud QBs. I want Locker to grow into that because I like him, and we invested #8 to get him. If the FO is convinced he can't be the guy, and the stud QBs slide, and you can get your first choice at #11, pull the trigger. But there's no way you give up on Locker to install Mettenberger, Carr, Murray or any other "also ran" QB.

7. Two Kings

Two Kings NJ Titan

It will be fascinating to watch if the QBs start to fall immediately. Watching browns go on the clock with Bortles bridgewater and Manziel available will have my full attention. It's hard to see them pass up on them. At the same time they could very well be passing on someone like Barr, Mack, or Evans.

I can't wait. I'm gonna be frothing at the mouth.

8. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

That is going to be crazy! I would hate to be that team.....Especially with all of their failure like pics previously. The Titans are at such an interesting spot because everything depends on what happens right in front of them, including trades etc....This years draft is going to be huge for them.

9. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

It doesn't matter what number QB they are when they are taken. All that matters is how you evaluate them. If the Browns take Bridgewater, the Raiders take Carr, and the Vikings take Manziel are you going to pass on Bortles just because he is the 4th guy taken.

Trust your board.

• High Five High Five x 2
  10. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

If they would of held the draft this weekend like normal there would be no need for more talk about what coach speak is real and what is not.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar