Whisenhunt says he doesn’t need to bring in his own quarterback

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Pro Football Talk, Apr 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

Important thing to remember: Whisenhunt got a rare 5 year deal from us. That likely gives him 4 years to get it right. Unless we have an out after 3 years, we are unlikely to fire him + pay him for TWO remaining seasons on his contract. It was possible to fire Munchak because he had just 1 year left. Teams will swallow that.

This means Whisenhunt does not have to draft "his" QB this season. He doesn't have to feel pressured to get it right immediately. This is a good thing, because he can think about the #11 pick with a clear mind.

If things don't go well this season, Whisenhunt can draft his QB next year, and still have 3 seasons to work the guy to get it right.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

I said more than 15. You don't notice it on 15 yard throws. The deep ball hangs a little, but its not bad at all.

As I did, watch for yourself:
    http://draftbreakdown.com/players/david-fales/

3. xhrr

xhrr Starter

I just don't see us sucking bad enough to get a shot at a top QB without trading a **** ton of picks to get him. I'd love to get Bryce Petty but I think he goes top 3 next year and that leaves Mariota which the entire board will be against cause he can run and Hundley (who I do not want unless he vastly improves) as and the consensus top 3 at this moment.

We are good at sucking but not sucking enough to land a top 5 draft choice.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

T
    Thanks man, I gotta check his film out at one point.

5. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

I am sure he doesn't feel pressured, but that doesn't change the fact that he doesn't have any ties or connection to Jake. They don't have a quality backup to compete with Jake or fill in once he goes down...Yes, I said once, because we all know this story for the 4th time. He wants his guys...and new coaches want a QB, protection for him, and weapons.

6. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

If you and Ensconatus read a previous post by me (#81 I believe, top of page 9) you'll see that I'm for drafting a QB A.S.A.P. I was just trying to come up with the absolute worst case scenario when it comes to drafting a QB. I wasn't trying to say that this unlikely scenario should have any bearing on whether we take a QB at 11 or otherwise.

7. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

Of course. Your scenario is terrible as well. My only contention is that mine is the worst possible scenario for this franchise.

8. LosingBy3

LosingBy3 Starter

Damned if you do, damned if you don't, so might as well do, and get something done. :p

9. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Okay got it, sorry for the confusion.

10. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

It happens.Too many people to keep track off on here :).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar