Whisenhunt says he doesn’t need to bring in his own quarterback

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Pro Football Talk, Apr 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. titantrusince82

titantrusince82 I'm down with the Titans for better or worse

Whiz has learned his lesson from his AZ days. When he had a good QB, they won. When Kurt left, they lost. It cost him his job. I think that the 2015 QBs will be better overall than the QBs coming out now.

With that said, Jake was balling before his injury. We should give him a chance to prove himself with an upgraded coaching staff to help him.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

Scared money doesn't make money. Locker might end up playing 5 games this year before he's hurt again... Then whitehurst... Lol

But nah.. Don't draft a qb.

3. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

With lockers injury history... A qb in the first would find a way to the field one way or another.

4. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

Anyone see that David Fales article? I read somewhere how he would fit the Titans scheme well and be available day 3. I have seen just a little bit on him, do you guys have any good analysis/thoughts on that?

5. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

If the Titans find a franchise QB at the end of this season, it's all good. But the Titans lose a potential impact player by going QB with #11 AND lose one or more guys to free agency because of the money it'll take to re-sign Locker to a new deal.

I'm just saying there's a downside no matter the direction taken. But that's football.

• High Five High Five x 2
  6. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

I personally have David Fales as my 8th ranked QB (ahead of McCaron at 9) but I can see him being better than that. I like Fales as a late prospect.

He's a natural in the pocket. He makes the correct pre snap calls and has a great pump fake. One thing he's MUCH BETTER at than Tom Savage is how quickly he scans the field, and keeps his eyes moving. He has adequate arm strength and a terrific accuracy % (72.5).. His deep ball does hang a little, especially when throwing more than 15 yards.

7. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

The last thing we need is an QB that wore #10 in college.

There was a lot of hype about him at the beginning of the season, but it has since fell off. I'm guessing he could be had for a 5th round pick.

8. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

This makes no sense.

We shouldn't draft a QB because he may bust?

9. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

Whisenhunt should start referring to himself in the third person

10. titanfanatic

titanfanatic I Piss Excellence Staff

Adequate?? If his ball hangs in the air after 15 yards he should not be in the NFL or any other league for that matter.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar