Which Wrs make roster?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by talldrinko, Aug 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NationofVols

NationofVols Camp Fodder

I don't think you can safely say there are too many LOCKS considering it's so wide open.

Brandon Jones
    Paul Williams(only because he was a 3rd Round Pick)
    Courtney Roby
    Roydell Williams
    Eric Moulds

Those are your sure fire WR's because they've already been around and/or were a 3rd Round pick or named Eric Moulds. haha

Everyone else is fighting for 2 spots.

2. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

4th round picks are usually locks and Davis has looked good.

3. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Yeah, those guys should be safe.

Wait...what did we pay Moulds? Regardless, I'm sure he's safe. I'm not really worried about his performance last night.

4. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

I'd think Davis makes the roster also, but has he shown he's a better returner than Roby or Jones, or a wideout for that matter?

I do think the Titans have pretty well guaranteed Davis a roster spot, especially with Pac out, but teams have cut players drafted as high as the 3rd round during camp and preseason, so I won't rule anything out.

I'd like to see Davis, Filani and Gage out there at once, perhaps early in the 2nd half.

5. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

No rookie will be cut!

One might make the practice squad and that guy will likely be filani. Nothing against filani but it will be hard for him to impress and they can't let a 3rd or 4th rd guy go on waivers. When you practice squad a guy a team can sign him away as long as they are willing to make a roster spot available..

Orr looks like the early odds to get the boot and gage will be gone if he can't be anything more than our #4 outside guy..

6. Bobo

Bobo Guest

But remember some guys who did look spectacular at times in preseason? Hill, Berlin, Shafino.....

At this point, I'd say the same 6 make it. We should have a few future hopefuls on the PS.

7. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

No rookies will be cut!

It requires cutting one to get them on the PS.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar