Which WR needs to be cut?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Alpha-Centuri, May 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alpha-Centuri

Alpha-Centuri Starter

In several different threads, people have given their opinion on which WRs need to be cut. If the Titans go with 7 Wrs, 4 of the 11 guys we have need to be cut.

Justin Gage, R.Williams, Hawkins, and McCareins are more than likely safe from being cut, but everyone else is up for game.

Brandon Jones --Biren Ealy-- Mike Williams -Paul Willams --Edward Williams Jason Rivers --Chris Davis

4 of them need to be cut. The problem I'm having is, who do we cut?

2. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

Chris Davis, Rivers-PS, Edward Williams don't even know him, and then it gets iffy I'm going to say Paul Williams.

3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

chris davis, jason rivers, edward williams and mike williams get cut. even then we would be carrying 7 WRs, so it's still possible someone else would be cut depending on the numbers at another position.

4. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Edward Williams and Jason Rivers are 95% not on the team. Same as Ealy last season. He made it on the team eventually, but he didn't make the cut the first time around. The next four are Mike Williams, Ealy, Hawkins, and Davis. If I'm going for most likely thing to happen, I say Mike Williams and Ealy don't make it. If I go for what I want to happen, I say cut Paul Williams and Ealy.

It should be an interesting battle at the position, I'm curious to see who shows up.

5. vslyke

vslyke In Dinger We Trust

1)Paul Willams
    2)Edward Williams
    3)Jason Rivers
    4)Chris Davis

6. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

I seriously think we should cut our losses and admit that P. Williams has issues. If he cannot see the field the whole season, and isn't even assigned to the PS, then he needs to be shown the door, IMO

I can't understand why he wasn't ever activated. He played DB too, i don't know why he couldn't even get a special teams spot. He must be awful.

7. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

My lock is still Chris Davis.

I think up next, Brandon Jones, Mike Williams, Paul Williams and Ealy get the most scrutiny, but Ealy and Jones have been getting their chances with the twos. This is without considering the UDFAs, who I don't think will make anything except the PS.

Chris Davis played too much to make the PS.

My guess is the final cut is one of Brandon Jones, Mike or Paul Williams. Edward Williams or Jason Rivers may make the PS, but if we cut someone who was on the roster by end of last season, they'll move on or out of the league.

8. Alpha-Centuri

Alpha-Centuri Starter

If it was up to me, I would be leaning towards putting Rivers on the PS, and cutting Davis,E.Williams, and..... P.Williams. Hasn't shown anything. With our WR situation being a revolving carousel, he couldn't even get on the field once. On top of that, there is nothing to his game that is unique to the other WRs on the roster.

9. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

Cut list

1) Mike Williams
    Too little too late.

2) Brandon Jones
    We've seen enough of him to know that his game, and his health are too inconsistent.

3)Edward Williams
    4)Jason Rivers
    UDFA's. They can prove to be better roster spots than Ealy or Davis. We'll have to see. They can still make the practice squad.

Just saved list

Chris Davis

He could become disposable. There's no longer a need for him to return punts, and he had some trouble fumbling the ball last season. His only saving grace is his shiftiness. He reminds me of Mason more than anyone else on the team, but he's still a long shot.

Biren Ealy

He has the edge over other UDFA's, having been with the team a whole season. I'd really like to see him on the field more. He seemed like he could be a decent redzone target last preseason, but we don't really know until we see him get more field time in real games.

Paul Williams

Project begins to come to fruition. He was inactive all of last season. That would lead some to believe he's just plain horrible. But if they didn't see any promise in him, why did they even keep him around??? I think he gets field time this season. He could dud out like Roby, but like Roby, I think he deserves to make that case for himself.

10. titansfan769

titansfan769 Starter

i think e williams, chris davis, and rivers are all a lock to get cut. Thats not the issue. the issue is who steps up more in the next few months. Paul Williams, brandon jones, and Mike Williams. If everything im hearing about Mike Williams is true i think he will make the roster for sure. So im gonna say Paul williams 4th to be cut and we def keep 7 wrs for the season

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar