Which WR do you want to add???

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans2004, Mar 15, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rwill

Rwill Pro Bowler

Anthony Miller is interesting. Hard to judge when he has had Trubisky throwing the ball to him all this time.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  2. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

I’d trade a 4th for Miller. It is basically a 1 yr rental for 1.2 mil cap hit. His numbers really haven’t been that impressive the past 2 yrs but his qb situation hasn’t been great either.

3. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

I’m still intrigued by the idea of landing Kenny Golladay. Obviously no team sees him as an elite #1 WR because nobody is offering up a mega deal. The cap situation and the fact that this draft is loaded with top end WRs is certainly playing a factor in his market. The way the cap is this yr it is going to be hard for him to find a team that wants to give him a 1 yr deal over 15mil because that whole 15 mil hits the cap immediately. It is a little risky for him to take a 1 yr deal too because of his injury this yr and the fact that maybe he is a product of the Detroit passing game.

I would offer him a long term deal that would pay him 15mil annually but was structured in such a way that more of his cap hit was taken in 22 and 23. Similar to Dupree’s deal. Currently we have AJ Brown for cheap for 21 and 22 and my goal would be a long term deal with him in which the 1st yr is more team friendly so his 23 season would be cheap too.

Golladay is a more explosive Corey Davis to me. I love the idea of having him and Brown on the outside.

4. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

It didn't slow Allen Robinson at all. And he was out there all day with the CB1 and safety help. Miller out there getting 6 yards per target on linebackers and safeties.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

That’s why I’m not giving up much for him. But considering we were paying Humphrey 8mil to be our starting slot WR I’d be okay paying 1.2 mil for a guy who has shown flashes of being a playmaker. He is also in a contract yr which would give him extra motivation. If he balls out and then leaves for a bigger contract then get your 4th rnder back in the comp pick

6. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

I see giving up a 4th as a lot. And you aren't getting a 4th comp for him. Jonnu is supposed to be worth a 4th round comp pick next year.

Use one of the 3rd round picks to draft a slot guy that will be better than him right now.

7. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

I’m not in love with Miller but like what we would be getting for the cap hit. I’d prefer to really upgrade opposite of AJ with Golladay or an early draft pick.

I think our offense is best with 2 WR sets and either 2 TE or TE/FB ... makes reads for Tanny easier...if they drop extra into box to stop the run check pass....if they don’t then let Henry eat. But you need 2 dangerous WRs to really make it work.

8. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

Sign Golladay and trade for Miller or
    Sign Golladay and draft Elijah Moore

9. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

Right now, I think I want to take Bateman or Marshall in the first and then maybe a slot guy day 3. I'd really like Amari Rodgers or Elijah Moore Day 2, but that is probably too much capital at WR. Or we sign whatever last minute free agent that has decent hands.

I just don't see Miller as having anything that we can't get in free agency or the draft. And I definitely don't see him as someone who can play WR2 for us. I mean, he was looked at as a weakness at WR3 for a bad passing team.

10. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

I agree too much draft capital to fill both wr2 and slot in same draft with sure fire starters.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar