Which Titans should be cut

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by 615nick, Jan 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

You cannot make a case for Nate being cut outside of $. Hunter hasn't proven anything yet.

2. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

3. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

We have a fullback, his name is Colin Mooney. He's a boss.

4. 615nick

615nick Starter

I don't want to see washington gone at all. Just see it as a potential money saving move.

5. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

The real question is how much money do we need to do what we want to do in FA? Because that is really all we need to have available come mid-March when FA starts.

I think that Stewart is the only sure cut. Production has gone down and durability is major question. Also it is a deep group of OTs in FA.

I would let Fitz go as well. We don't need to spend much money on a backup QB because if Locker isn't able to stay healthy then he proves he isn't a franchise QB and if that happens then we need to lose as much as we can to get ourselves our QB of the future. Also it makes no sense to have a backup QB who plays totally different from the starter. The offense totally changed when Fitz came in because he was more comfortable in a different style offense. Your backup should be able to run the same offense as the starter.

Wimbley should be asked to renegotiate his deal. If he doesn't then cut his ass, but designate him as a post June 1st cut. That way we save about 5 mil of cap space this yr. He won't get more on the open market than re-doing his deal.

6. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

You are going to have guys that are not living all the way up to their contract, but they provide enough to warrant being around. If Wright went down, how would everyone feel going into a game with Hunter as the number one?

So that argument is pretty much over now.

7. Zappa71

Zappa71 MYAAAH!

I second that motion. I love Nate...he brings fire to the other Wr's, stays relatively healthy, has PROVEN to be dependable and is a great leader.:thumbsup:

8. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

It's significantly more than most teams pay their backup, and Fitzpatrick isn't even good. Just get a young guy with potential.

9. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

If we cut Stewart, Fitz and designate Wimbley as a post-June 1 cut then we have 21.5mil in cap space heading into FA. That is plenty to sign our own guys and add a player or 2.

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

Nate Washington is the only offensive player we have that is worthy of overpaying. He's earned his keep. He's earned a good contract. Wright and Hunter are still on cheap rookie deals.. pay for Washington.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar