Which Rookie Receiver Do You Prefer?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Spinnaker, Apr 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mdfan

mdfan Starter

2. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

here's what will happen if MEachum is there when our clock starts

there will be a phone call

on one end AJ Smith, the other MikeR

"Ok , here's the deal. We know you want Meachum. We'll let you pick him now, for Turner and your #30 pick - or we'll pick him. Clock's ticking. "

3. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

I don't think we need to go WR in the 1st. They are just really risky picks. You can see from this board that their isn't a consensus as to who is the next best behind Johnson.

Personally I think Rice is going to fall into the 3rd rnd. Their is always an underclassman who comes out and has a bunch of red flags and falls. Rice has only played 2 yrs of college ball in the Spurrier system which is known for great college production, but poor transitions into the pro game. Rice is not overly fast and is very skinny. 6'3" 200lbs.

I do like Jason Hill a bunch. I knew he had great production, but had never seen him play until the Senior Bowl. He was tremendous in their practices. Running really crisp routes and just plucking every ball with his hands. Very smooth cat and then he ran faster than expected at the combine.

I think that Anthony Gonzalez is a can't miss guy as well. He has great work ethic, is very smart, and has the physical tools as well. He isn't going to be a #1, but will be a very solid slot guy and ST player.

2nd day picks that I like are Brandon Myles, Mike Walker, Steve Breaston, Laurent Robinson and Dallas Baker.

I think Baker is going to be this yrs Colston. The guy doesn't have great speed but he is physical and very quick for his size (6.69 3 cone drill) which allows him to get separation. Another thing about Baker is that he has extremely long arms that measure almost 36". That is about 3 inches longer than most other WRs.

I'm scared of the 1st rnd guys.

4. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

Puck I agree that the Turner deal goes down when we are on the clock and Meachum is on the board.

5. dgood

dgood Guest

I sure hope so....that would be an awesome deal. But i dont think we'll get him that easy. We'd have to give up something else too.

6. Nine

Nine Starter

THe Titans need a WR who can collapse the pocket and clog running lanes.

7. oochymp

oochymp Camp Fodder

why would we want a reciever to do that? I think you mean DL

8. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Did not Ginn say his preference now is to come into the league as CB?

9. Spinnaker

Spinnaker Guest

wow meachem really didn't show up until his last year, bowe has been prodctive for his last 2-3 years

#34 Behind Enemy Lines

wow.

I think he was being sarcastic, stressing our needs for D line help in an ironic fashion.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar