Which QB should we sign?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by RollTide, Mar 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

Boller preferably, but Frye I wouldn't mind. I think, both of them, with some quality coaching and work, can be quality QBs in the NFL. Boller has all the tools, just was thrown to the wolves much like David Carr and Joey Harrington.

2. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

lets go back in time and get John Elway

3. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

We're not carrying a 3rd into the season... it's essentially just someone to handle reps in practice. Based on that I might go with Frye - shortest last name so we can save money printing his jersey.

4. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

with our offensive line, Kerry won't get hurt. I'm down for just keeping VY at the number 2.

5. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I wouldn't sign or draft any QB. Forget about the money. We have 2 guys who can handle our offense. We are not running the Colts or Patriots offense so do we even need a QB at all? Just direct snap to C.J. and go. Really thou, I seriously think we are better off sticking with 2 QB and using the roster spot on a CB or a lineman who we will need later in November/December.

6. Pjames32

Pjames32 Starter

From that group, Boller. He's probably a little more proven than the rest and can throw decent at times.

7. Lava

Lava Camp Fodder

As great as our line is, it only takes one breakdown for Kerry to get hit and possibly hurt. The odds may not be good but the possibility is always there.

8. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

I don't think we'll sign a #3 until the middle of the summer, at the earliest. I think the coaching staff waits to see how Vince is looking/reacting to determine if they need to keep a #3 on the 53 man roster. If there's any question, we'll get somebody, but if there confidence is raised, we might just keep two. However, the smallest injury and we get a #3.

9. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Pat White in the 5th round.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar