Which QB gives us the best chance to win in 09?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by CRUDS, Jan 13, 2009.

?
  1. Vince Young

20.5%
  2. Kerry Collins

69.2%
  3. Chris Simms

2.6%
  4. FA - KItna etc.

5.1%
  5. Gary Hogeboom

2.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

following the herd here and going with KC. KC makes the limited weapons provided to him better. Hemidinger and KC should have another shot with some additional firepower.

Hopefully KC decides to sign for some reasonable $$$s and stay in Nashville. Never thought I would say that - lol

2. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Insane!

Kitna is actually 6 months older than kerry and is everything we don't need in a QB. 2 more ints than TDs the last 3 years and kitna is one of the worst QBs for sacks in the entire nfl! 51 last year and 63 the year before. That sucks!

Only a 72 rating this year with those WRs? Guess that is why he was benched!

Kerry is clearly better.

One more thing. Kitna is more of a west coast QB while kerry is perfectly suited for dinger's offense.

3. Ewker

Ewker Starter

1. Kc
    2. Cs
    3. N/a

4. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

HaHa......Wonderlic:ha: I remember when the QB had to be one of the smartest guys on the field.....now apparently he just has to be an athlete who can't read. YAY! To think, this is what young people have to look up to? Thank God for guys like Colt McCoy, Tim Tebow, Graham Harrell, Matthew Stafford. At least they can be good role models and faces for their franchises.

5. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Is Garcia a free agent?

If so that's how I vote. I think he'd give us the best chance to win next season.

It's hard for me to say between Vince and Kerry, but I'd lean towards Vince between the two.

6. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

Raleigh Collins anyone? :pour:

[​IMG]

given our options Collins is the obvious choice.

Life gives you lemons... make a Raleigh Collins. :drink:

7. utdtitans

utdtitans Camp Fodder

Are you somehow trying to say that vy fans are uneducated? I'm for vy and I'll take my education over yours any day.

As for the topic.....Billick was on first take the other day and was also in support of starting vy. His logic was he doesn't believe kerry collins is capable of leading the team to a super bowl, and the franchise has no reason to give up on vince young because of one bad season. Heck, Delhomme threw a third of the interceptions vince threw all of last season in one playoff game.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

To me this is a no brainer. Unless we make a play for Matt Cassel (my choice), where we can get our QB for the future, we have to go back to KC. KC got better as the season went on. He knows Dinger's system. Nobody is going to give us a better short term chance at a SB. If we stay with Collins with his very reasonable salary for anotehr year or two we can use draft picks and FA money to try and get another playmaker or two as well as re-sign AH and some other guys we want to keep. Of course we would also have to start considering developing a QB for the future as well.

Still, I'd rather make a play for Cassel. He would fit Dinger's system well and can actually improve. He would be a long term solution we really need.

9. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

This is also the same guy that took Kyle Boller AND Troy Smith and started Boller when he obviously struggled and lost his job for it. I wouldn't take Billick's advice worth a crap when it comes to QBs. He should just be thankful he had an amazing defense to carry him to the promise land.

10. berkmanmvp2

berkmanmvp2 Guest

Our options suck. Probably the best option is sign Collins, draft a QB of the future (if there is one available) and make significant upgrades at WR (through FA, or draft, trade, whatever).
    God help us, we'll probably bring in about three more TE's and call it good :gag:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar