Which prospects are worthy of the 5th pick?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by PRAY IV M3RCY, Mar 28, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. abc2330

abc2330 Pro Bowler

So you're not predicting that we draft both Corey Davis and Mike Williams in the first like that guy from Forbes?

2. NotoriousZEUS

NotoriousZEUS Rookie

That's not indicative of pass defense. That is a measure of the overall defense, and doesn't change the fact that they had a solid pass defense that shut teams down in the 1st quarter all year and allowed them to jump ahead and control the temp of games.

Essentially the complete opposite of what we did. Whether you think so or not, doesn't change the fact we need to fix it and we need to do it with the 5th overall pick at the very least.

3. NotoriousZEUS

NotoriousZEUS Rookie

No. J-Rob would never do that. This isn't a fantasy team for him, this is his job, and his job is to win titles. I'd be shocked if he drafted a receiver at 5, and I don't see the market being there to trade down. If it is and he does, he's not taking two offensive players in the 1st round. Especially not without a second rounder.

4. PRAY IV M3RCY

PRAY IV M3RCY Pro Bowler

I think it's in the best interest of the team to get Mariota his #1WR that he deserves. He has his LTs, RBs, and TE at the moment. Why not solidify the offense with a #1 WR that you want so we don't have to address this need again next year? We have 2 picks in the 1st round. I don't think it's entirely a bad idea to reach a little for a position of need, especially when it's to benefit your franchise qb. 3 WRs in this draft are very capable of being #1s in the NFL, and projected to all go in the top 15. BUT there is one that fits better than the rest in our offense and we are in primed position to pick the one we like best. They all will most likely be gone by the time we pick again at 18. Keep in my mind we didnt add any offensive playmakers in FA.
    I'm not saying we solved all of our issues on defense but we did improve to where we aren't forced to go CB/S in the top 10 if we don't want too. Plenty of defenders will be available @18 that can make a difference. I just don't agree that we have to go DEFENSE with the first pick let alone both.

#184 PRAY IV M3RCY, Apr 4, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2017
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  5. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

The plan was to get Brandin Cooks and then go D with both 11 and 18. Didn't work out.

No way in hell we go WR or TE with #5. We trade or take D BPA. We likely take WR/TE at #18.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. PRAY IV M3RCY

PRAY IV M3RCY Pro Bowler

One of the deepest classes at corner means our hands aren't forced to draft a CB that early.

7. PRAY IV M3RCY

PRAY IV M3RCY Pro Bowler

I think the plan was to get the most value out of getting a #1 WR. I'd take Cooks and keep both 1st round picks over using one of them on a WR. But that's not the case anymore. If anything it shows our staff is searching for that #1WR through every avenue.

8. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

We've met with Williams Ross and Howard. Njoku as well.

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. Johnnyb

Johnnyb RTR

It's sounding more and more like we're going to be getting Mariota a serious weapon in the first round.

10. nytitaner

nytitaner Starter

I wouldn't be mad at Njoku at 18, love his effort after the catch. Nice big target for Marcus.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar