Which prospects are worthy of the 5th pick?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by PRAY IV M3RCY, Mar 28, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PRAY IV M3RCY

PRAY IV M3RCY Pro Bowler

Which means it would be best to address both offense and defense in the 1st.

2. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

It doesn't mean that at all.
    Houston didn't have an offense, division champs. Minnesota used a backup QB against Tennessee and still won. Jax offense had the TO king of the league in Bortles.

Indy (of those teams I listed) was the WC. Their D is not very good but our D really let Luck and Doyle take over.

Defense wins championships. Build the D.

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. PRAY IV M3RCY

PRAY IV M3RCY Pro Bowler

We have yet to address the offensive side of the ball leading up to the draft. We have already added pieces to the defense via FA.

4. HurrayTitans!

And we can in the 3rd or later. I don't think Cyprien, Ryan and a handful of ST guys makes this Defense SB caliber. To win, we need a no kidding shut down Defense.

Our offense last year wasn't all that bad especially considering the style. I agree we can use some upgrades still, but the D is not fixed by a long shot in my eyes.

5. NotoriousZEUS

NotoriousZEUS Rookie

Enough to keep us from winning the super bowl which is the whole point. I'm not trying to see this team built like a fantasy team, I want to see them win a super bowl.

6. xhrr

xhrr Starter

6 of the top 10 defenses missed the playoffs.

4 of the top 10 offenses missed the playoffs.

Although this is a small sample size it seems to me offense is more important than defense is and I would agree given the rule changes of recent which aid offenses since the NFL is hell bent on making the league high scoring as they deem that more entertaining.

The Falcon's who should have a ring right now boasted the 25th ranked defense.

My personal take is we are closer to being a very good offense and should load up on offensive players #5 pick aside which should be BPA regardless of which side of the ball. Plus your QB will most likely be one of if not the longest tenured player so building around him is of higher importance.

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. HurrayTitans!

Is that points based or yardage based?

I agree the Falcons SHOULD, but the defense let them down big time. I'll also say their coach and offense didn't help either.

8. NotoriousZEUS

NotoriousZEUS Rookie

Falcons have a solid pass d and they were shutting down the Patriots with their defense. They weren't doing jack **** before they added Dan Quinn.

We already have a good offense. Sitting there and adding to it and ignoring the fact that we gave up 208 points in our 7 losses is straight up stupid, sorry.

This is not a fantasy team, it's a football team. We have enough weapons on our offense to win a super bowl, we do NOT on our defense. If we don't do what we need to do in this draft, we're not going to be able to beat teams like the patriots.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  9. xhrr

xhrr Starter

It's based on yardage.

6/10 made the playoffs is you base it off pts per game on defense.

5/10 made the playoffs if you look at pts per game on offense.

Like I said small sample size but I still like the idea of building the offense up. For reasons stated in my previous post. The argument can be made either way. Just my personal opinion.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  10. xhrr

xhrr Starter

That solid pass defense ranked them at 27th in pts per game allowed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar