Which OT will the Titans take ?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by WinnipegTitan, Jan 9, 2024.

1. WinnipegTitan

WinnipegTitan Starter

Should get a good one.

2. DoubleBlue

DoubleBlue Highly Respected Poster

First off someone should move this to the draft section.

Second, the best tackle prospects in the draft are Joe Alt outta notre dame and Olu Fashanu outta Penn State. Both guys look like very promising, one will probably be there at 7

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  3. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

I think only 1 of Alt or Fashunu will be there so whichever one isn’t taken first.
    I suspect Alt goes first.

4. Dangermode

Dangermode A New Era has Begun

Not sure why we need a separate draft section since there’s so much discussion crossover with the draft, free agency and the rest of the off-season. Just my two cents.

That being said, I honestly don’t think Alt or Fashanu are “generational” talents. The drop off to Latham or Mims is smaller than the drop off from say MHJ to Coleman or Franklin. I’d be fine going WR early if there is a serious plan in place for LT.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  5. HurrayTitans!

It’s always been there and specifically over the next couple months, it’s a great way to separate draft talk vs team talk.
    Agree there’s been a lot of crossover this year. I think that’s result of being knocked out so early.

• Cheers Cheers x 2
  6. Tewa Titan

Tewa Titan Starter

Would of been nice to see if skoronski could play LT during the season so we could draft an offensive weapon, and look for a replacement G later. But I'm not a GM or HC so obviously don't know jack **** about the process. Draft looking like LT, WR, C first 3 rounds.

7. DaCost

DaCost Starter

We are gonna miss out all other 6 teams before us need a LT plus teams behind us might jump since they are also desperate like the Jets.

I hope the NON TANK heroes are happy with a RT at 7.

• Pigeon Bomb Pigeon Bomb x 1
    • LOL LOL x 1
    • Take a Chill Pill Take a Chill Pill x 1
  8. HurrayTitans!

Yep, 6 T off the board before pick 7.

R-E-L-A-X.

combine hasnt happened. There will be 10
    More overhyped players coming from there plus the “MUST have QB” crew will be there.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  9. 10ECTyrant

10ECTyrant What! Tip Jar Donor

Center

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  10. Carp

Carp Starter

Disagree. Alt/Fashanu are the best OTs to come out in a good while. Certainly both are on par with someone like Penei Sewell when he came out.

Also, Latham and Mims are RTs, not LTs. So indeed, the drop-off is fairly significant if you are looking for a LT. They may have the physical ability to slide over LT, but they are much more riskier picks if you are looking for a true LT.

As far as WRs go, MHII is the best WR prospect in over a decade. So in that sense, yes there is a large drop-off. But Malik Nabers would likely be the No. 1 WR off the board in most any other draft over the last several years. He's right up there with Jamaar Chase, imo. Rome Odunze is right behind Nabers. I don't even know that Coleman and Franklin are locks to be1st round guys right now.

#10 Carp, Jan 10, 2024
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2024
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar