Which franchises are on the decline?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by JCBRAVE, Feb 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I saw something on NFL Network this morning where they were talking about perennial playoff teams they thought would disappear from the playoffs.

I only caught a few seconds of the show, but they identified Pittsburgh as a team the Ravens shouldn't worry about getting in their way of repeating, and the Bengals as a team on the rise, which I'd say is about right. Pittsburgh like Tennessee has neglected their O-Line and it's catching up with them. And Cincinnati has a lot of young stars, so naturally you'd think they'd only get better here in the next few years.

But what other good teams are we going to see stink it up? We're not a good team, so no one say us LOL. We know we're going to stink (unless we kill it in free agency and have a stellar draft).

2. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

The Bengals probably have the record for being a "Team on the rise" the most times in the last 15-20 years. They always manage to Bengal it up though. I am not ready to bet on that trend changing as long as Mike Brown is still their owner. The Ravens are not a shock and Pittsburgh has already started their slide. I expect the AFC North to be full of suck in 2013.

Other good teams I can see starting to suck:

New Orleans -- They already started to slide also had Sean Peyton sabotage the team on his way to suspension so his replacement would not show him up. Losing draft picks hurts them even more. Team is going to slide and regret the huge contract given to Peyton. They area also $25 mil over the cap. EDIT -- Forgot to mention they made Rob Ryan their DC. That will kill their defense for sure.

Washington -- The RG III issue sets off a chain reaction. 1) they lose their franchise player. 2) they lose the opportunity to trade their backup Kirk Cousins. 3) They may have to take money (which they do not have under the cap) to pay a vet QB.

3. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Team on the Rise has to be Seattle.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. The Hammer

Seattle has cap space too, I would love to see that. Always felt kinda bad for Pete Carroll. He was not really given a fair shake in his first two NFL head coaching jobs. He was good. Just moved aside some someone better -- Bill Parcells in New York and Bill Belichick in New England.

5. mike75

mike75 Pro Bowler

Seattle is on the rise and will continue to be for awhile

6. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

The Ravens.

Ray Lewis is retiring. Ed Reed is old. Boldin may retire.

At least I can hope they are finally going to decline.

7. The Hammer

May not last long. They are not in a bad cap situation :(

8. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I agree. I think the Ravens are gonna fall off fast. Aside from those you mentioned, there's Birk and McKinnie on the OL. They'll be 37 and 34 respectively when the 2013 season starts. Wouldn't be surprised if Birk retires. That'd be a pretty big blow to their OL.

The Ravens managed to put it all together just in the nick of time.

9. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Boldin is a star, he's not walking away they way he's playing.

10. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I am going to laugh so hard if/when the Ravens give Flacco a 20mill+/year contract.

• High Five High Five x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar