Where's the hoop-la?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by fitantitans, Nov 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fitantitans

fitantitans This space For Rent

I drove from Hendersonville to Lavergne today. I drove through Nashville and right by the stadium. I saw no hoop-la! No big signs. No banners. No blue on blue. Nothing. The rear window of my car has "I BELIEVE - 9-0 - GO TITANS' written on it in white shoe polish. It's the only one I've seen since I started doing that back when we were 5-0. Every time our Titans step on the field, they're breaking records. Where's the team spirit? We've waited for this day for 10 years, why no celebration? Maybe my hype is too high, but this team, The Tennessee Titans, is the best team in the NFL. Why wouldn't the City take advantage of this situation? They've always wanted to prove themselves as a major sports town. Now the Titans have dropped a 9-0 record in their lap and.....nothing!

• High Five High Five x 2
  2. Titanium

Titanium TITANFN Staff

Hey, the Predators are giving 9 bucks off their tickets ;)

3. Sunshine

Sunshine Camp Fodder

I think the fans are following Fisher's and the team's leads -- one week at a time, we're not in the playoffs yet, etc.

4. jose7

jose7 Camp Fodder

The parade will be in February.

5. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

it's called class
    no need to overdo it with graffiti

6. DJB

DJB Starter

Everyone is happy and proud....but there's nothing to celebrate.....yet

7. BudAdams

BudAdams SayHelloToMyLittleFriends

broski, im rockin the Titans license plate and the double window-flags...

8. KingTitan

KingTitan aka CRONUS

Ho hum another one. :sleepy: 9-0

It is a BIG deal, but let's stay in step with the team and focus one-game-at-a-time. :thumb:

9. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

I think we're allowed to celebrate a little bit. Tennesseeans just haven't really ever been 100% supportive of the Titans. The fact that most of em are still attached firmly to the balls of a former UT player (who didn't win them anything significant) is ridiculous. It's a divided state, and even in Nashville, you just don't see much of it, I think that it's because of the lack of tradition of the Titans in TN. Seems like most of the great fans and great team cities have longstanding franchises in that city, ala Green Bay, Cleveland, and Dallas. It still is the best city in this part of the country, hands down, but it'll take a few decades, and the retirement of Peyton Manning to get the state and city around I think. Shouldn't take really long considering the success we've had here, save a few seasons (04-05).

There's my 2 cents.

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

^true...freaking peyton/titans fans are still upset over the fact we beat him on their "only game we're not titans fans" holiday.

As for no hoop-la? I thought we went a bit overboard myself.

[​IMG]

• High Five High Five x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar