Where's Kendall?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Jul 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

The amount these guys ask for isn't the issue. The rookie scale limits what they can get at their draft slot. But they can negotiate how much is fully guaranteed. While it seems somewhat unreasonable to expect a full guaranteed contract the amount isn't that ridiculous since the entire contract is only worth 8.2 mil. After all we pay Hawkins that much so Wright can certainly produce at his pay rate even if he doesn't end up being a stud. The only issue might be if he has a serious injury. Still, we are still only talking about 8.2 mil. Unless he blows a knee in the first game and can never play again it isn't that big of a deal. Even if that happens we are only out 8.2 mil. So get the contract done.

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

If we lose the first game because the front office was twiddling their thumbs over a few dollars, I'm going to kick Ruston Websters dog.

Kendall Wright will be a big part of the New England game, gonna have to score some points to win that thing.

3. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Aren't all rookie (1st round, at least) contracts fully guaranteed now, anyways? I like how reasonable the new rookie salaries are under the CBA.

4 years/$8.2M is nothing. Sign him!

4. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

I sure do wish Wright changes that awful #13 he wears.

5. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

He picked 13.

6. Sonic28

Sonic28 Starter

Browns signed Weeden, KW should be soon

"Browns signed Brandon Weeden." - Adam Schefter

7. Sonic28

Sonic28 Starter

Kendall Wright & his agent have to be psyched about Weeden getting partial guarantee of 4th year $$$

8. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

That unusual Weeden deal might draw things out for a few more days.

9. cozmicfool

cozmicfool Starter

Like others here, I actually don't think this has much to do with the amount of money KW and team are asking for but how many years can they get guaranteed. Bottom line they were looking at what happened with the Bucs last year at #20 and wanting a similar deal.

Honestly, for the Titans I think the hold up may be more about precedence than anything else. Not saying I agree with it, but we all know last year #20 was an anomaly. I wouldn't fully guarantee the deal either.

10. QGP

QGP MIKE HONCHO

Well..... Shea Weber signed!!! lol

• High Five High Five x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar