Where would Jarett Dillard go?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by GLinks, Apr 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

The youtube video - the big catch at 1:50 - reminds me of the Giants play, but I think he got lucky. Good focus, though.

3. Ubiq

Ubiq BAMF

I bet someone like Indy will take him in the 4th, and he'll do really well in their offense. When it's all said and done, I think he'll be one of the best players to come out of this draft.

4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Too productive to ignore and i would love to get him with our last 4th rd pick.

His 9 catch game against texas proves that he can produce against better competition.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Draft him in the first rd!

He listens to miles davis! What more do we need to know?

6. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Really good find, Roll. Much like Roydell (I was a fan of his on draft day and spent rounds 3-5 hoping we'd pick him up.) I wouldn't mind getting him around the 4th as well.

I like how he said he's been working on his vertical since 8th grade and expected to hit 47" soon. Yikes.

7. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

I'd take him in round 3 no questions. I'd even consider him in round 2 except I really like Ron Brace and Ramses Barden a bit more.

8. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

100% agree. That's where I have us taking him. I have a feeling he'll be gone by then though.

9. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Dillards combine.

Best vertical and broad jump of any WR. This eliminates in my opinion the height issue since he is 5'11 and can get up and get balls like a 6'2, 6'3 guy.

40 time was mediocre at 4.57 but it was a slow combine. His 40 time was better than robiskie-williams-hartline-nicks-massoquai-barden Wrs expected to go ahead of him.

Frankly poor times in the cone and shuttle but it is forgivable for a WR who knows where he is running vs a CB or safety who has to cover a guy.

Strength-13 reps not bad for a Wr under 200 lbs and can be improved. Obviously very powerful lower body.

Solid 4th rd prospect. Not a big speed guy but a tough kid who just plays and produces.

Is there any Wr in this draft who runs better routes?

Derrick mason?

10. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Yeah...he's one of my fav WR's in the draft. A guy who is VERY quick, runs excellent routes, has a huge vertical with awesome hands....what's not to like?

He's gonna be a slot guy til he can work up his run blocking, but his amazing production and skills translate to immediate playing time IMO. Makes me think of Wes Welker actually. Not super fast...but super quick and extremely hard to cover out of the slot.

In my opinion, he's a 3rd rnd pick. Certain guys who are slot guys (and he has the potential to develop outside) I'd take in the 3rd...especially since I highly doubt he's available at the end of rnd 4.

Gut

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar