Where were you 12 years ago?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Dman, Sep 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dman

Dman Pro Bowler

2 years ago I went to the memorial site.... it was very chilling to stand where the towers would be. I can't help but think of the chaos at the time this happened. I also like the memorial site from the aspect that they made it beautiful to see. I highly recommend it for any fan that comes NY for vacation or for the nfl draft!

2. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I was in my 6th grade classroom when we got the news. I didn't really fully understand the magnitude of it all back then.

Then I went to NYC the following summer and saw everything... that really put it into perspective.

I can't believe I forgot today was September 11 until just now.

3. RavensShallBurn

I'm kind of with him on that one... I understood it, but I couldn't fully comprehend why it happened, why anyone would want to attack innocent people, and what the consequences would be in the near future.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Education standards must've really gone down. Then again I was growing up during the Revolutionary War so I was used to wars and violence as a child.

5. RavensShallBurn

It's easy for most of you to say you fully understood the magnitude of it, since you were all older... and Alex was apparently 225 years old. lol

11 year old kids don't know sh*t.

6. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Well I guess maybe it's different for people that grew up during military conflicts, for instance the Gulf War.

7. Titans Eternal

Titans Eternal Got the swagger of a cripple

I was on my way to school. I was in the 6th grade. It is what made me join the Army when I was an adult. They flew our planes.. into our buildings... murdering our innocent people.

And god damnit, I will never forgive or forget.

• High Five High Five x 2
  8. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

I woke up, saw it on the news, then went to sell ice-cream to new-born-patriots for the rest of the day.

I was just pissed we still had to go to work.

9. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I miss Freedom Fries.....

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. RavensShallBurn

Crazy how this was half my life ago and it doesn't feel like long at all... Not that 12 years is that long, but it is to me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar