Where is VY? (all things Vince Young goes here)

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by grindtime, Feb 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

I never thought the Vikings were players for VY after Craig Johnson went there. He lived through the drama firsthand.

VY will get a second chance somewhere, but it won't be with the Vikings.

2. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Exactly. At one point last season he was leading the league in QB rating. He was making some great strides on the field (off the field was a different matter entirely). You can't tell me he's not an instant upgrade, from a purely on the field standpoint, to Charlie Whitehurst, Chad Henne, John Skelton, John Beck or more than likely ANY rookie QB this year. At the end of the day the NFL is about winning. And VY gives a team a better chance to win than any of those guys I mentioned, in my humble opinion of course.

3. Chapparal97

Chapparal97 Grumpy Old Fart

^^That whole Craig Johnson thingy was just CJ taking taking a quote out of context and running with it.....200 pages ago.

4. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Yeah, I think we can rule that out. :ha:

5. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

I'd have to disagree. What is the worst thing about VY? His ability to grasp a playbook and his work ethic. What will he have to do in an abbreviated off-season? Learn a playbook and work at it.

I'd just as soon throw a QB out there who isn't as physically talented as VY like Chad Henne because he actually knows what he should be doing.

6. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Vince is a top 10 QB IMO. He could find work anywhere if teams knew they were getting a more mature QB than the one Fisher had in TN.

7. Chapparal97

Chapparal97 Grumpy Old Fart

Disagree. Top 20, maybe. Also, don't underestimate the Fisher clout around the league either. Any team interested has most likely contacted Jeff already, not Reinfeldt, for the inside scoop. Fisher's opinion carries a lot of weight in the NFL, don't fool yourself.

8. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

That's true. But to counter that I'd say he still managed to win plenty of games for us with limited knowledge/understanding of the playbook.

You could be right. I just disagree. It's all a matter of personal preference I guess. But if I'm a team like Miami I think I take my chances with a guy like Vince who has a knack for winning over a guy like Henne who, even though he has more going on upstairs, doesn't have nearly as much upside. In a division that tough, I think they are going to have to rely on a little "magic" to have a shot at the playoffs. I just don't see Henne providing that magic.

9. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Texans bench..

10. GeronimoJackson

GeronimoJackson Brainwashed by the Left. Now I am free.

That'd probably be a bad move by Houston. Schaub could average 4 tds a game and the fans would still pressure the staff to start VY.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar