Where is VY? (all things Vince Young goes here)

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by grindtime, Feb 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GeronimoJackson

GeronimoJackson Brainwashed by the Left. Now I am free.

You know I'm one of the biggest VY supporters on this board, but there's just no way his actions that game should be defended. It was visibly shown that Fisher was in his face yelling at him to go back in, so we can't play the "Fisher wanted to pull VY" card for that one. However, with that being said, Fisher needed to get over it 2 years later, but never did, and that clouded his coaching judgement.

2. chamgel2

chamgel2 Starter

Exactly correct......Bullock and other players also confirmed it with comments after the game. One quote said "I tried to talk to him on the sideline and he wouldn't even look up.", and there was another from an offensive player that said something close to, "We went out in the huddle, and noone knew where VY was, we didn't have a QB, so we had to call timeout." It was pretty clear both watching the game, and listening to the comments after the VY had quit.

3. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

I never said anything like that. I said he was injured, wanted to go back in the game, Fisher granted his wish and he was re-injured.

Your saying VY was injured, didn't want to go back into the game, and then was re-injured.

Either way, like you said, it was early in his career and Fisher and fans should've gotten over it. The incident that could possibly end his career in TN had nothing to do with Vince quitting. It was the exact opposite. So if anything, it shows how far he's come.

I'm not defending how Young handled the situation and never have, but as an athlete I know how it is sometime. None of that situation should've made it to the press in the 1st place.

And for the players that were on the sidelines, AND in the locker room who witnessed the situation to want Vince back says a lot. They know more than any of us posters what actually happened and they're telling us and the public that Vince deserves to be back next year. In fact, some PUBLICLY sided with him. PUBLICLY.

4. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

Much appreciated, wish you luck in whatever endeavors your pursuing.

As far as the weed thing goes, I could go on, and on, and on, and on.

It needs to be legalized.

5. Passepartout

Passepartout April Showers!

Hopefully if the Titans draft a QB. Just a huge IF! We need a QB with a great character and a leader. Along with knows how to win games and be a great team player.. Sorry that VY didn't do that. Hopefully we can get a QB that can do all of those things.

6. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

I'm sorry man, but your waaaaaay behind the curve. I'll fill you in...

~70% of the Mexican cartel's revenue comes from marijuana sales to the US. Legalize marijuana and you can nearly eradicated the cartels. You'd save thousands of lives in Mexico and the US.

~We're in a deficit. A deficit that YOUR generation built up. We have to find additional tax revenue fast. Since YOUR generation wants to spend ridiculous amounts of money on the military, than we HAVE to find another revenue source. Like another poster said, we could generate billions in GDP and tax revenue. In addition we'd have thousands of additional jobs.

~Police are tired of dealing with it. Cops don't even think its an issue. We'd also save money in our judicial and penitentiary systems.

~This is America. The land of the free (or atleast it used to be). MJ doesn't harm anyone and is far less dangerous than current legal drugs i.e. alcohol.

I'm not directing this at you Chapparal, I feel the same way about my parents (grandparents are actually much cooler about things) but the older generation needs to step down from their post. They're politically and morally corrupt. Look at our pop culture, our music, our politics, our news (if you even want to call it that). The older generation just has this country all messed up.

It's time for a change. The younger generation is that change. The younger generations have always been the ones to solve problems. Always.

VY 2011 :logo:

7. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

We would be better next year with VY but we wouldn't progress in years to come. We have seen the best of what VY has to offer and the worst. And unfortunately the drama, immaturity and work ethic issues remained in present even in his fifth year.

The organization gave Vince 5 years to mature but yet he still blew up and cursed the head coach in front of the team and then walked out of the locker room. He didn't come back when Fisher pointed out he was walking out on the team, he stated he was walking out on Fisher. A 5 year veteran and team leader should be able to recognize the damages that type of behavior causes a team, not just a head coach with whom he has a poor relationship.

The officials in charge of the LONG term success of the franchise recognize they have seen the best Vince has to offer. That is why they have decided it is time to move on.

8. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

I wouldn't say we've seen the best. He's been constantly improving since he got here.

Also, it was reported as well that Fisher asked him to leave the meeting. Which goes back to the point that we don't know exactly what happened.

If Vince was completely disrespectful I'd doubt that players would still support him. Especially publicly.

I think CJ's quote after Vince was released was that he couldn't believe it. That makes it seem like Vince didn't do anything that dramatic. Griffin denied the chasing incident.

None of us know exactly what happened in the locker room. Fisher put a gag order on the team.

9. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

I never saw any report about Fisher asking him to leave the meeting in which he cursed out Fisher and walked out of the locker room. I saw a report where Fisher said VY would be treated like any other team member on IR.

And we don't know anything about Fisher "putting a gag order". And unless, you can show me where that is reported then that is pure speculation. And while your at it, show where CJ said "he couldn't believe it" in reference to the cursing event. I saw where CJ said he didn't believe VY's departure was for certain to occur.

It was reported that Reinfeldt and Munchak were both present during the event. And they both have not come out to publicly defend VY. They are both in charge of directing the team (and personnel) to achieve LONG term success.

They players are going to support whatever gives them the best chance at winning next year and/or improving their own chances at landing a bigger contract. No argument that VY gives the highest probability of those two events occurring and I believe that is why a few players are voicing those opinions.

10. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

I'll search for the articles. As far as the gag order, I know for a fact there was one put on the team. Scaife even mentioned it in what little he said about the incident. That's the whole reason he got benched. He said too much.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar