Where is VY? (all things Vince Young goes here)

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by grindtime, Feb 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

I'm so glad that you know more about the locker room situation than the players. Please tell me what some of the guys are like in the locker room. Who are the leaders on the inside?

2. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

Another Ms. Cleo.

You can go back on a decision like this easily. Is Fisher still here?

Nuff said.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Vince Young will never take a snap as a Titan again.

4. Ai2Ai

Ai2Ai Starter

They should not care what they might come off as. Who cares? The point of a team is to win games. Vince Young gives the Titans the best chance at winning in 2011, more than any other QB in the draft or free agency/trade.

Since he has proven to be injury prone, you bring in a veteran. If the Titans like a QB good enough that falls to the middle rounds like a Dalton, then take him. If they like Rusty enough there is no need for that however.

It'll be interesting to see what the Titans do, that's for sure. Can't wait for draft day!

• High Five High Five x 2
  5. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

Couldn't agree more.

Why not keep Young AND draft a QB? If we can't get a QB due to some crazy draft situation bring in a vet. Don't can a QB who can win you games just to try to save face.

It's about winning. Some of you guys are waaaay too sensitive. It's football.

6. Titanite

Titanite Pulling for VY...Sue me.

Dude, I want you to be right, believe me. I fricking love VY and I would love it if the team did a 180, but my feeling is that they are thinking how I said they were thinking.

As stupid as this team's management already looks, they are still under the impression that they have some image to protect and so they aren't going to flip on this decision.

If I were coach, I'd say "I'm giving this guy one chance under me. Suck it."

Sadly, I don't see that happening.

I just think it's over.

VY will be pulling a LeBron some kind of way or going to Minny.

You can still watch him on his next team...just don't tell any of your friends here. You know how haters get...

7. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

FWIW: Here's an interesting back and forth on twitter between Tulloch and PK

http://twitter.com/#!/stephentulloch

• High Five High Five x 2
  8. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Hey eveybody: this guy's comment is in bold type! He must be right.

9. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I never bought the notion that the majority of the team were on Fisher's side in this whole thing. I think there were some, but by and large I think most of the players were fed up with Fisher's BS as well. No surprise that they'd like to see VY get one more shot without Fisher.

You can call it merely "taking up for a friend" all you want. But it's interesting that all of these players speaking up for Vince mention "winning" in their comments. These sound like the words of guys who just want the team to win. Buddies or not, it's a little difficult for me to buy that they are putting keeping their buddy around (at the most important position on the team no less) before what's in the best interest of the team's success. God help us if the latter is indeed the case. Because that means we have a team full of me-first "gimme my paycheck" losers.

10. chamgel2

chamgel2 Starter

Been away from this thread for a while, but after CJ's comments the other day, I figured I'd make one last comment. In my opinion, this should be one man's decision, not CJ's, Tulloch's, Britts's, or Griffin's. Not Bud, Reinfeldt, or Underwood's. The decision to keep VY or let him go has to be up to Munch. He was there when everything went down, it's his team now. If he believes that he can win with VY, and they can get on the same page, then you keep him. If he believes that the bridge is burnt, and that there is no coaching VY, then you have to let him go. Fisher and VY had their chance with this organization, it's Munch's turn, and it should be his call.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar