Where is VY? (all things Vince Young goes here)

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by grindtime, Feb 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chapparal97

Chapparal97 Grumpy Old Fart

Kuharsky summed it up pretty well today:

'It’s not like the Titans brought in an outsider who needed to evaluate Young for himself. Mike Munchak saw all five years of Young’s tenure and is completely on board with the franchise's decision.

The Titans would look like idiots to go back on their repeated proclamation that they are done with him now. And they won’t."

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcsouth/post/_/id/22977/johnson-is-irrelevant-on-young-newton

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. TitansBlue

TitansBlue Camp Fodder

they're like his best friends on the team; by default they're all going to say they'd like it (/want) if he came back

3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I would NOT by any circumstances want him back if I were his friend unless I felt he made us better. He makes us better.

4. TitansBlue

TitansBlue Camp Fodder

they don't loosen up on CJ until Vince/ the passing game starts to work well; that was the case multiple times this season

The teams pick to play defensively "make Young beat us (passing)" out of the two (there was not a terribly prevailing concern, defensively, with 'Young might run' to make them alter their Johnson coverage....the qb and the passing game were oue lesser threat and teams would much rather take that risk rather than someone who can score in a single play if you make (one of several) wrong moves....when we got a passing threat they actually worried about having easy long plays/quick scores (Britt game right after Eagles game; first 2-3 games Moss was here) they changed)

5. TitansBlue

TitansBlue Camp Fodder

I can't say the average athlete thinks like an average person regarding business.

Many comments seem to - unfortunately - show this.

That aside: as with most any sports team, they all have and will view him as almost a brother (sibling term....nothing racial here). Those feelings of respect - once it has been earned - and care tend to continue with/among certain members of sports teams, often even into many possible, controversial events and situations

6. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

Kuharsky is making an assumption just like us. Is he more credible because of who he is, or because his argument makes more sense?

It's been reported that Vince and Munch had a good relationship. Also Munch fired all of Fisher's buddies which means he wasn't in step with Fisher.

The Titans won't look like idiots if they make the playoffs with Young. The Titans will look like idiots if they cut him and whoever we draft or bring in sucks.

The Titans have pretty much avoided the Young issue. Right now he's trade bait. The only problem is, no trades can happen.

7. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

Yes to both.

[/quote]

Do you have anything regarding the Young/Munch relationship other then the fact that Young and his cousin said they do? It's not like they are going to say "Naw, I hate that douche." I honestly don't see how they would have much of a relationship at all seeing as Young wasn't overseen by Munch.

If Young couldn't get along with Fisher, who in all regards is a player's coach, i don't see how he will fare any better w/ Munch who seems to be more of a disciplinary coach. Everything we have heard from Munch has been along the lines of "Be a pro" which is the biggest criticism VY has had throughout his entire year.

Dude. I understand optimistic but the Titans are not making the playoffs w/ Young/Collins (and yes the /Collins is because Young can't start for sixteen games) under center. Either let it go or at least stop using it as a base of a factual argument..

8. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Anyone who thinks the players should have a say in personnel decisions is just as clueless as the players who want VY back.

• High Five High Five x 2
  9. Titanite

Titanite Pulling for VY...Sue me.

I imagine CJ's opinion would hold more weight if he said Young shouldn't come back, but that's not unexpected and neither here nor there...

Bottomline, Young can't come back no matter how much he might have grown up over the past few months.

You can't go back on a decision like this for the simple fact that it would make the organization look like a bunch of incompetent, wishy-washy scrubs...whether or not they are incompetent, wishy-washy scrubs is irrelevant.

VY will be gone, and when he wins somewhere else, it will be a cynically hilarious situation.

10. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

Do you have anything regarding the Young/Munch relationship other then the fact that Young and his cousin said they do? It's not like they are going to say "Naw, I hate that douche." I honestly don't see how they would have much of a relationship at all seeing as Young wasn't overseen by Munch.

If Young couldn't get along with Fisher, who in all regards is a player's coach, i don't see how he will fare any better w/ Munch who seems to be more of a disciplinary coach. Everything we have heard from Munch has been along the lines of "Be a pro" which is the biggest criticism VY has had throughout his entire year.

No, I don't have any OTHER sources. Do you have any sources that say otherwise? Why would Young just lie to build a case? Is it in his best interest to lie about a relationship when the guy making a decision to bring him back is the one he's lying about? Please explain your reasoning.

Dude. I understand optimistic but the Titans are not making the playoffs w/ Young/Collins (and yes the /Collins is because Young can't start for sixteen games) under center. Either let it go or at least stop using it as a base of a factual argument..[/QUOTE]

I'm sorry, but the Titans, with Young, are contenders. Do you remember what we looked like early on last year before ish hit the fan? Young's record alone makes us playoff contenders. Now the injury argument is valid, but if he's healthy we've got a really good chance of making playoffs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar