Where is VY? (all things Vince Young goes here)

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by grindtime, Feb 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GeronimoJackson

GeronimoJackson Brainwashed by the Left. Now I am free.

I'm all up for getting another QB because I'm not sold on Rusty even being a back up for now, but trying to groom a young QB from the draft this year would be pointless anyway if next year's draft class is indeed superior. Why not just wait a year and settle for someone with a higher ceiling, ya know. I'd rather pick up a capable rental in FA. Assuming McNabb gets released, I doubt he'd want to be a back up, so Marc Bulger maybe?

2. oldoilerfan

oldoilerfan Camp Fodder

someone should post a poll - no comments - just vote - question - do you want vince back. My guess it's 50/50. If 60/40 - No - then the organization should move on.

To show support for former coach, do not promote Vince as the QB of the future. If the Titans make the playoffs with him at QB, then I assume the ticket paying fans will accept his likeness in the stadium.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

C.J. knows how much better he himself is when Vince gives the offense that backdoor option. Defenses don't want to play them, so yea it makes sense to keep Vince.

4. TitansBlue

TitansBlue Camp Fodder

Looks like they got that first win, getting that second one here would be huge in getting to that first second round appearance

5. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

I'm pretty sure that Wyatt isn't a VY fan so I'm kinda surprised that he would make this a story.

6. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

He has nothing better to do, and is trying to bury Vince even more.

7. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I'll say this about VY...

He's a rollercoaster, and I'm a VY rollercoaster fan. When he won rookie of the year, and got to the pro-bowl, I was so excited and thought we had our franchise QB. Then 2007 comes around and he throws 17 INT, and I start to worry that his arm is crap. Comes back in 2008 and losses his starting job to KC, that's when my faith for him went down hill. Between the next couple years he had the whole dispearing act, throwing pads in stands, getting in fight with coaches, etc etc. Sure he had a couple good comebacks, but he just wasn't their mentally. Then this year started, and I thought this would be his year... boy was I wrong. You can't blame VYs failure on Fisher. I would of liked to see what VY could do with Munch and a new OC, and focus our draft on defense.. but that's obviously not going to happen. So it's time to move on, good luck to you VY.

8. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I'm still kinda torn. I do think this team needs a fresh start at QB. But there's also no denying that Vince in all likelihood gives us the best chance to win in 2011. The timing of the Fisher firing/resigning/whatever really screwed everything up. I'm conVinced (har har) that if Fisher had quit immediately after the season the Titans would've never publicly disowned VY like they did.

If it were my decision to make, I think I'd keep VY around just for this one last year of his contract and I draft a QB of the future in the 2nd round and let him sit for a year. In the off chance that Vince really has grown up as a person and plays lights out on the field, then I maybe start thinking about a new contract/franchise tag (if that's even an option with the new CBA).

That said, I fully expect the team to go ahead and move on without Vince. And I'm honestly fine with that. I'm just talking here...

9. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

http://www.tennessean.com/article/20110415/SPORTS01/104150306/2080/sports01

Don't know if this has been posted. But I guess CJ still wants VY back. I'm sure Britt, Griff, etc want VY back also.

It's not going to happen, but I wouldn't mind it. He's got one year left on his contract, Fisher is gone. Let's see what he can do without Fish. If he fails, 2012 QB FAs: Orton, Jason Campbell, and Kolb offer some decent options. As well as the '12 QB draft class: Luck, Barkley, Jones, Pryor, Cousins, and Foles.

10. lateknight

lateknight Master Opinionist

If it was my decision, I would put it back on Vince. I would approach him to restructure his bonus. Pay him one fourth of it now and make the other an incentive based deal. Play through the season you get another one fourth, make it to playoffs one fourth, make it to superbowl one fourth. If he agreed to that, then you let him show his stuff without the perceived coach meddling. He's your guy. If he doesn't agree, then tell him good luck in the free agency pool.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar