Where is VY? (all things Vince Young goes here)

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by grindtime, Feb 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr.biggums

Mr.biggums Special Teams Standout

We all know Paul is biased, but anyways lets think about this. Chris said he was going to buy his LINEMEN watches (was going to be cars). He never said "everyone who helped him get 2,000". That is just misleading. Wide receivers didn't get any watches. Seems you are grasping now too.

2. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Fisher fired himself. Sig bet. Response?

3. Mr.biggums

You think the defense didn't benefit from an offense that could stay on the field and actually score? Btw, its an amazing coincidence Chris Johnson was more effective in games with VY in then without. Amazing how the defense always becomes healthy when VY plays but is always hurt when he doesn't.

4. Mr.biggums

I never said Vince was staying. Yes I know you are going to say" but you think VY is GODZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ". That isn't what I'm saying. Team benefited from having him, but due to PR they will probably not keep him, BUT its not out of the realm of possibility that he does stay.

• High Five High Five x 2
  5. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Name another time where I've referenced this other than 09.
    You may recall (but of course never acknowledge) Collins had a few games where he and CJ put up hella-numbers in that 0-6 stretch - yet the defense was a mess of injuries. The best thing for an offense is a competent defense.
    Ya think VY "inspires" a win in New England if he starts?

6. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Then we agree. Next convo.

7. GeronimoJackson

GeronimoJackson Brainwashed by the Left. Now I am free.

His o-line are still waiting on their new cars. :brow:

8. Mr.biggums

2010 Vince went out and Chris Johnson's numbers went south. Defense got exposed.

2009 Vince came in and Chris Johnson's numbers went up. Defense benefited.

Chris Johnson had one hella-game with Kerry Collins against a team that didn't even cover CJ when he went out wide. ONE GAME.

That healthy defense gave up back to back td runs of 79 and 80 yards to Jones-Drew. Best thing for a crappy defense is an offense that can score. This isn't 2000 and we don't have a dt that takes triple teams anymore. Our defense sucks and the reason why we have won is because of the offense, which does better with Vince in.

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. GeronimoJackson

GeronimoJackson Brainwashed by the Left. Now I am free.

Lol what are you even rambling about? You mad or something?

How did my last post even imply I was saying that?

Right now it's two separate issues, forget last season, forget this offseason, let's talk 09 only. Either you didn't understand that or you keep beating around the bush. At 0-6, it was time for the VY experiment to start again, not only was there not too much to lose, but it was something that got the players excited again when morale was low, wouldn't you agree?

10. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

And the best thing for a defense is an offense that can stay on the field. Ironic, huh.

No, we still get slaughtered in that game in New England, especially with two rookie corners (Griffin kept getting one on one with Moss - burnt toast). CJ only played two really good games through the 0-6 stretch. His game against the Texans was a career best though. He was able to find more consistency with Young on the field, however. Young himself was a run threat, and drew spies. Not only that, but Young's accuracy on his deep ball had improved tremendously, and drew players out of the box.

You think we're tearing CJ down? You have it mixed up like koolaid. We're not tearing anyone down. The defense getting healthy was a huge factor, but not as big a factor as Young entering the lineup. The Jets have a top five defense and running game, but they don't have anywhere near the top scoring offense, which is what we had when Young entered the lineup in '09.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar