Where does Paul Williams sit?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by DJB, Aug 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DJB

DJB Starter

He was pretty much non-existant in the pre-season games. Is it just a watch and learn year for him? Has anyone heard what the coaching staff thinks of him so far?

2. deeluxx3

deeluxx3 Camp Fodder

he sits on the bench.

3. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

I only saw him once in preseason, and it was missing a pass. I wouldn't be floored if he gets cut tomorrow, but it's more likely that he makes it just because of draft position. It's basically him, roby, or gage that has to get cut. We'll know in 24 hours...

4. Bababooey

Bababooey Guest

he sits at home on monster.com ...

5. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

When he was drafted, I remember reading that the knock on him was that he doesn't seem to really have a passion for football. Did this turn out to be true?

If so, that's a terribly-used draft pick.

6. zackmann

zackmann Guest

i'm still baffled at why we drafted him in the first place....i hope i am surprised by his play...but realistically if that ever happens it won't be this year...

7. Bababooey

Bababooey Guest

There were a multitude of rumors about him. He played CB more in HS than WR. [i.e. CB playing WR. not vice versa] In college, he stuck to WR and now that he came back into the media, news of him not liking football and him wanting to play CB more than WR arose. He squashed them himself at one point but once you say something about a football player, it tends to stick for a while, true or not. i should be able to grab a link of him saying he loves football and he has no idea where the rumors are coming from in a sec.

8. NationofVols

NationofVols Camp Fodder

Yeah, I don't hear his lovers on here talking much about him now after pumping him up a month ago as if he was the next great thing. Gee, I wonder why?

9. reo

reo Starter

part of his problem was that his brother died. that sent him into some major depression (diagnosed w/ clinical depression which just means depression). part of depression is apathy where you have a hard time feeling passionate about anything. that's probably where the questions about his passion for football came from. if he gets over his depression, he'll have a chance to be a good player. i seriously doubt he gets cut. he's got the ability. he'll prob get at least another year.

10. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

#2 Fry cook?

And now I feel like an a** after reading the last post .... :hmm:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar