Where do we rank now with #11 @ QB?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by RollTide, Nov 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Starting a totally unproven late round rookie QB...passing rating 19

24th ranked defense..

Top WR still out..

Plenty of turmoil and distractions.

Seems like the making of a bottom 5 team.

Not trying to be overly negative but we can't stop anybody and now we can't score. Can we even be an 8-8 team? Seems that even with a healthy Kerry Collins we are hard pressed to win many of our games at the end and with Rusty smith are chances are even worse.

The steelers could probably win with Rusty smith but our defense isn't even good much less that caliber.

2. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

First of all, our defense played pretty well against Washington. They held them to 16 points in regulation. It was definitely an improvement and the offense wasn't helping them any. The defense didn't even get the courtesy of resting through a three and out after their first series. It sucked that they couldn't get off the field on third, but the score is what matters. It isn't all doom and gloom.

Second of all, Rusty is an unproven commodity. That doesn't mean he's bad. Yes, I know expectations are low, but he hasn't even started a game yet. He might end up being a damn good QB. Getting reps with the first team and preparing for a game he knows he's going to play in doesn't hurt his chances. From what little I've seen him play, he's raw, but he's not afraid. I'd take small school 6th round Rusty over Leinart any day. It took some balls to enter the game when and like he did and just start chucking the ball down field, for better or worse.

But yeah, overall, our situation looks grim. I still think we have some surprises left... the good kind.

3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

As much as I'd love to believe we're a 10 wins or more team, I won't say we are. We'll be lucky to win 3 of 6 putting us at 8-8 (again).

4. globelieves

globelieves Starter

I think it all depends on if this team is willing to do a gut check, pull together, and give 110%. Randy Moss publically said he needs to do everything he can to help the young quarterback. I hope that's a sign that everyone feels the same way. To a degree, it's going to be whether the players believe they can rise from the ashes...or whether they are willing to lay down in them.

I just hope fans are patient with Rusty and understand he's going to look like a rookie. We all know he has a strong arm, but his inexperience will likely lead to some ugly interceptions. Will fans understand that, or will the fans give up on this quarter back too?

5. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

Rusty better turn it up a notch. We are still in the hunt.

6. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

Rusty will be ok, he didnt even practice with the starters last week then just got thrown into the game vs the Skins. that TD pass to Moss was nice even though Moss blew it.

He will look much better this Sunday. but expect mistakes, it's his first NFL start. The playbook needs to change though. cant use the same plays they gave VY. Rusty is a passer and needs good passing plays.

We got a new Qb,and new play callers this week. Texans dont know what to expect. so it's in our favor.

7. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

Honestly, probably one of the worst teams from here on out.

8. SoCalTitan867

SoCalTitan867 Starter

Not to step on your toes Jesse, but....Moss blew it? Do you know what a "Veteran Push-Off" is??

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. costarica2

costarica2 Banned forever

hall of famer>rookie QB out FAU.

10. SoCalTitan867

SoCalTitan867 Starter

I'm not going to throw Rusty under the bus after 2 quarters and say he has no chance, but that wasn't a TD pass that Moss blew. A vet push off simply means It wasn't going to the intended receiver, it was either going to the ground or to the DB with coverage on the play. Moss didn't blow it, he stopped something bad from potentially happening.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar