Where do we go from here?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Big Time Titan, Feb 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Do you care about the fact that the Titans would have to give up draft picks (likely a 1st and 3rd rounder) to sign any decent RFAs?

There's no point talking about the Titans signing guys like Demeco Ryans or even D'Qwell Jackson. In an uncapped year, no team (and especially not the conservative Titans) will be willing to give up what they'll have to give up to get RFAs.

2. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

I do see your point, and understand what you're talking aboot but you don't always have to give up such a high draft pick to get these guys. DeMeco will be impossible to snatch away from Houston, I understand that.

But D'Qwell isn't even one of the top LBs in the league. I'd love to snatch a guy like Jackson from Cleveland who is worth more than any 3rd round LB we could get in the draft. Kirk Morrison would be too and Oakland is clueless when it comes to trade values.

Not saying that I don't understand that it is rather difficult to swing a trade for ANY RFA much less a really good one. But still, it'd be worth it to make a big upgrade especially when our team is only a couple of defensive playmakers away from making a Super Bowl run.

3. Big Time Titan

It's really gonna benefit us that there won't be a new CBA because we'll be able to keep Lendale, Bo, Tony Brown, and Tulloch for at least another year.

We'll still need another OLB cause I don't see Keith coming back. I really want Seymour even though Oakland probably will try to keep him there.

Derrick Johnson would be a great addition. Josh Cribbs would be awesome. D@mn I just can't wait to see what happens.

4. AH3

AH3 Rookie

I just want us to make a big splash. We have a lot of talent at some positions, Fisher's job may be in trouble, Bud Adams isn't getting any younger, and we've come way too close to winning the Super Bowl a while ago. It's our turn now.

Whether it means bringing in a FA like Peppers or trading up to get a stud like McClain or Berry, we need to do something to light a fire under the team. Being from Knoxville, I know if they traded up for Berry that they would instantly gain a ton more support from East TN. And getting Peppers or McClain would give us a defensive leader and playmaker we are lacking.

EDIT: I know what I said pretty much goes against Titans philosophy, but we did make a somewhat risky pick with CJ and VY, so maybe we will do something surprising again. One can at least hope...

5. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Best thing to do would be to sit around and b*tch and moan about every choice the team makes..

6. Big Time Titan

This is what I'm talking about, our best chance to make a serious run is now and we're just a couple defensive studs away from doing that. Peppers would be a w3t dre@m, and as crazy as that sounds, and even though that goes against everything the Titans have ever done in the past, it will help the D out in every area.

Having a stud like Peppers will tremendously improve the pass rush, which will help our secondary out, which will help our LBs out, which will help everyone out. I'm not sure about trading up in the draft though, if we did, I'd want it to be for Suh and not Berry.

I'm praying that Bud and Fish get a wild hair up their @ss and finally pay up to get us the Championship that we all deserve. As I said before, our O is already there, now it's our D that needs some serious help.

7. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I'll tell you guys this much; after losing Super Bowl XXXIV, I would have figured we wouldn't need this thread. I thought for sure we'd have our championship by now.

8. Big Time Titan

I wonder what it would take to get Peppers. Is he gonna want the biggest deal he can get and go anywhere to get it or does he really want to go to a team that is a contender.

Man wouldn't it be sweet if we do get him to be a Titan.

9. AH3

AH3 Rookie

Yes, it would :yes:. I've always been a fan of Peppers- dude's an athletic freak. I've heard he wants to play a 3-4 OLB and our FO isn't the biggest spender, so I don't know what our shot at getting him is. If we did, it would free us up to draft the best player available, maybe a DB, or to even trade down.

10. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

We must be joking. Peppers a Titan, yeaaaaaah right!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar