When you tell your kids 'Cheaters Never Win'...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by KamikaZ, Feb 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wplatham

wplatham U of M Class of 2012

Great game. I love good defense and I love watching Tom Brady get knocked off, so for me it was a treat. Eli Manning really came into his own. The scramble and pass to Tyree is simply one of the greatest plays in Super Bowl history. That wasn't dumb luck; that was amazing.

Don't be mistaken. This will go down as one of the greatest upsets of all time. A Super Bowl upset rivaled only by Super Bowl III.

18 - 1? Ah ha ha. In my eyes, a perfect ending to a nearly perfect season.

2. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

I thought it was a great game. Not the best. That goes to the Giants-Bills superbowl for me. I thought that was the greatest game ever from the anthem to the finish. But this superbowl was a great game. The play with Manning making that houdini like escape and then Tyree making the most unbelivable catch was one play you don't see but maybe once a year if your lucky, let alone in a superbowl. It was amazing to watch in slow motion. One of the greatest catches ever. I think the game had a ton of drama. Even the lat Throw to Moss was really close as it hit him in the head threw double coverage. There was even a 4th an 1. All the Giant WR's made big catches all game long. Two of them were amazing. Great game.

3. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

I did not care about Belichek running off the field myself, but the point was made on Yahoo that when Randy Moss did it he was hung out to dry. So that is pretty interesting.

4. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Again, if it was a team other than the Patriots that lost this game, nobody would say this was a great game. Both offenses completely sucked. There was one great play. The only touchdowns came on 2 blown coverages (or defender falling) and a pass interference call.
    Nothing about it was interesting up until the last 5 minutes. And even then it was the sloppiest junk Ive ever seen. Eli almost threw 6 interceptions in one drive. Fumbled twice, and then got the luckiest throw/catch ever.

Plus, the commercials werent funny and Tom Petty? Man, the NFL really needs to get over that Janet Jackson thing.

5. Morph

Morph Revolution

Possibly, BUT it WAS the Patriots that lost this game. It WAS the undefeated team that was one game away from setting a record of 19-0. I personally thought the game was quite interesting. Seeing Brady get banged up like that...just puts a smile on my face.:)) I don't think it was the best SB by any means, but it was a great game nevertheless. Different people, different opinions though...no point in arguing how great of a game it was or wasn't. I'm just glad the Pats LOST!:woot2:

6. Smash

Smash 2017 Survivor Winner

Whats up with the leaving the field before the game is over?

7. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

I genuinely thought it was a good game. I'm starting to think you would have been happy had any other team lost. How much money did you lose on this one??? :grrhee:

8. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

I thought it would have been funny if TC would have reprimanded Belichick like he does his players. "GET THE **** OFF MY FIELD BELICHICK!!!" That would have been funny.

9. dontdraftcutler

dontdraftcutler Downing Sucks. Kelly sucks even more.

Didn't I see/hear somewhere in the game that Brady was knocked on his arse like 19 times or something like that? Wow, the defensive line for the Gmen really came to play. I'd love to have Justin Tuck on our team.

10. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

That was an outstanding game of football.

I didn't have a problem with Eli being MVP, although personally I would have given it to Justin Tuck.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar