When you look at FA so far

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TNTitans58, Mar 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TNTitans58

TNTitans58 Rookie

Not many teams have done what we've been able to do in adding an elite guard and an above average DE....we've gotta get another CB (hopefully Porter) and possibly a C, but we've done very well so far, even with the PM miss....and we haven't had to shell out the huge bucks like other teams (Skins, Buccs come to mind)

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. NYCTitanfan84

NYCTitanfan84 Special Teams Standout

I get your point..but we're also in a position where we dont HAVE to shell out the "big bucks". Now the skins are just fools...(so I wont even discuss them)...but a team like the bucs for example was a 4-12 team last year..with a TON of holes. Most of the time the teams that dish out the most money are the teams that were at the bottom of the barrel the year before...and they're desperate for a splash (i..e..Bills). They had a huge amount of cap room and landed the top WR on the market..and the top guard. The only foolish move IMO was the CB move (definitely a WTF move) and they also have the #5 pick in the draft. If im a fan of the Bucs..I'm happy

The Titans are in a difference place...we were 9-7. We certainly didnt need VJ..and although Nicks would have been nice..again his price tag wasnt need with the depth available in FA this year of top tier guys at the OL position. I think we're playing it the way a 9-7 team should..aggressive but not OVER reaching for someone we dont need. (minus the PM situation..) Had we been able to nab..Wells or Meyers we'd be sitting pretty right now

3. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

Myers or wells would have made me SO happy...but the QB position is way more important.

4. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I agree. Adding Wells or Myers would of been amazing. Add them with Wimbley & Hutch - that's a solid haul in an off-season. But we missed out on center, and I do NOT want Amano back at center. So this leaves us scrambling to how are we going to fix the center position. Peter Konz is a 2nd round talent IMO, but will be gone at our 2nd. Dan Koppen and Jeff Saturday are available, but are old and inconsistent. So how do we fix it?

5. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

I'm optimistic about the Wimbley signing, the rest of free agency, and the draft, but lets be real...

- The team lost Finnegan. I have confidence in the corners, but we lost a very good player and a leader and you can't have too many good corners.

- The team picked up Wimbley which helps with the biggest need, but is currently down on depth, including losing a young, versatile, athletic Jason Jones. I'm confident the FO will fill out the line.

- The team picked up Hutchinson, but he has went on IR the last 2 years. The team is better on the line, but also giving up some durability with Scott.

They still need to make some moves for it to be a good off-season. And they will...

6. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

I agree. And there's still plenty of time to make some pickups. I mean the draft hasn't even gone down yet. Surely there will be some good vets cut after the draft for us to add to fill holes.

7. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Needs coming into free agency:
    improve the blocking
    upgrade the pass rush
    patch up the secondary

So far we've done 2 of the 3 and still have the draft.

I'm pretty happy thus far with what we've been able to do.

Never truly thought we'd pursue a talent like Hutchinson, but good to see we're willing to check egos and improve. I thought since Munch and Matthews were All-World linemen that they'd over value that and think they could turn any scrubs into ballers.

As for Wimbley, wow we lucked out there.

8. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

I'd rather have Dan Koppen or Samson Satele(I know he got arrested) over Jeff Saturday.

And we still need a nickle corner.

9. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

The defense is fairly young. I'm hoping we can add another veteran like Porter, for nothing else than leadership.

Center scares me too. I am fairly sure they're not putting Amano back at C, but there aren't many options out there. Definitely don't want Konz in the 1st. Too much of a reach. And he'll be gone by our pick in the 2nd. What to do?

10. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

I'm OK with how it is going so far except I REALLY wanted us to get Myers. I'm disappointed that we swung for Peyton and missed but we really effed up not grabbing Myers or Wells. The Manning chase cost us. I don't think we'll be able to make that up in the rest of FA period. Maybe a serviceable vet upgrade to Amano becomes available after the draft- we'll see.

I doubt there is a quality DE available at #20. If so we take him. Otherwise, we might should consider trading back from #20 (if ther is interest) and if it appears we can land Konz in that spot. That would give us an additional 3rd rounder (maybe 2nd). Either way, I think we should take Konz with our first pick.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar