When you don't have weapons to throw to, it's difficult to score ...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by 14u2ponder, Dec 20, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

Postseason: 73 TDs to 28 different targets
    • Rob Gronkowski (12)
    • David Givens (7)
    • Danny Amendola (5)
    • Julian Edelman (5)
    • Deion Branch (4)
    • Chris Hogan (4)
    • Wes Welker (4)
    • Jabar Gaffney (3)
    • Benjamin Watson (3)
    • James White (3)
    • Aaron Hernandez (2)
    • Brandon LaFell (2)
    • Shane Vereen (2)
    • Mike Vrabel (2)
    • Phillip Dorsett (2)
    • Troy Brown (1)
    • Reche Caldwell (1)
    • Alge Crumpler (1)
    • James Develin (1)
    • Kevin Faulk (1)
    • Daniel Graham (1)
    • Bethel Johnson (1)
    • Brandon Lloyd (1)
    • Randy Moss (1)
    • David Patten (1)
    • Nate Solder (1)
    • Dion Lewis (1)
    • Danny Woodhead (1)

2. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

Super bowl 1/2 at least, I disagree. He really didn’t have weapons but he also wasn’t how the Patriots won. Brady was very pedestrian up until his 3rd/4th SB trip.

His D was really good for a lot of his trophies too.

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  3. TitanMark

TitanMark Pro Bowler

He had weapons. He wasn’t running practice squad guys out there. You cannot dispute that. Tannehill has been playing with guys who weren’t even on teams.

4. HurrayTitans!

Troy brown, David patten, Charles Johnson. Sound pretty practice squad to me, maybe STers.

5. TitanMark

TitanMark Pro Bowler

In 2001 NE 1st Brady Super Bowl,

Troy Brown had 1199 yards yards and made the Pro Bowl. Not Practice squad. not even close 944 yards the year before and 894 the year after, Played 14 years. He was a good player in the league.

David Patten…. Yea.. I’m not going to keep listing their stats, Siffice it to say you are wrong,

If Tannehill had these guys he would have way better talent on offense than he has had. Before you go the route of Brady made them better explain how ? Sure he made them better, but not 1200 yards in a season better. PLUS…. BRADY IS THE GOAT. Tannehill isn’t. But it doesn’t make him bad.

But pleases stop with the Brady didn’t have weapons BS. It’s just that. BS.

6. HurrayTitans!

Troy Brown has 3 decent seasons to a 15 year career. He happened to have all 3 in 00’, 01’, 02, when he started doing anything at 29 years old (his 8th season) Today, titans fans complain that a career ST guy like Brown (and that’s what he was) sees the field as much as he does never mind becoming the #1 WR in NE.
    That 1199 was good enough for 10th that year, his best year and he still only got 5 TDs,

Patten is what nick westbrook-Ikhine would be if he was the #2 guy for an entire season.

Brady threw for 2800 yards, 18/12 that year. People are furious that THill has the same numbers now and with the same caliber “weapons”.

2001, weapons werent there. It’s not BS that year.

2003 Troy brown (400 yards, much more on par for his career)
    David givens, Deion branch, Daniel Graham, and Christian fauria
    Kevin Faulk is one of the top WR with 440 yards

That is a loaded team of marginal talent to throw to.
    That’s not weapons. That’s the goat QB making things happen with weak a$$ wr and TE.
    He did it again in 2004 with the same “weapons”.

• High Five High Five x 2
  7. Rwill

Rwill Pro Bowler

There are plenty of things happening that are not Tannehill's fault. No doubt about it. There are things Tannehill is doing as well though.

I know there are going to be problems with his "weapons". I know there have been times when Tannehill is throwing to a spot and the receivers run wrong routes. I am also sure that causes him to hesitate sometimes to make sure the receiver is going to be there. He cant hesitate. The line is not giving him the time to hesitate. He has to put the ball where it needs to go and if the receiver isnt there, then the receiver gets his ass chewed out.

Also, Tannehill's accuracy has been OFF. So many of his passes are high and behind. That kills any chance of yards after catch.

8. HurrayTitans!

I understand what you’re saying about his accuracy, I.e. not in the catch and run spot, but overall, he’s above his normal %.

Career he’s 64%. 5 games this year he’s been less than that, only 1 under 60% (NE). Which includes he second highest for the season, 71.9, against Pit.

9. Rwill

Rwill Pro Bowler

Yeah, most of them are catchable. We are just missing out on those 10 yard slants that turn into tds from the run after.

10. Dman5TX

Dman5TX Pro Bowler

Don’t worry this thread will age very well tonight

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar