When the NFL added two divisions — and weakened the AFC West

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Pro Football Talk, May 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

I think it could be pushed to 40 without any real issues

2. 615nick

615nick Starter

No it's a bad idea or no it's not gonna happen. Because if you think it won't happen your delusional.

3. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

No, it's a bad idea.

Of course it will happen, always follow the money.

4. 615nick

615nick Starter

I see it really being a problem for.some teams if they go overseas. either the teams on the west coast wouldn't play the teams in europe or it have to be a couple games ina row out there then a bye then return to the states. Because that's gonna pose a problem with travel. I know the qb

I know the qb issue seems like a big deal, but I think it would work itself out. Yes, there are very few real nfl qbs in the world, maybe 10 or 15. But, with a 40 team playing field it would just make d and running games more prevalent in the teams that didn't have a top notch qb. We already have a slight shift in power going on now. Two of the best teams in the league don't have a true nfl passer, they really very heavily on running and d, sea and sf

5. dtm586

dtm586 The Master Jedi

Lol those Niners of old - back in those NFC West prior alignment days, mopped up on those other weak teams.

Rams awful, Falcons bad, Saints a joke, Panthers expansion - Just remember the Niners owning that division

I agree with Fry though - I do miss the old AFC Central as we'll ...

Even though not sure having an extra team (6) was a disadvantage in terms of making the playoffs (more teams to leap frog in a division already owned by Pittsburgh). Good to remanence about the late 90s early 2000s

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar