When is Givens coming back?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by The Playmaker, Sep 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Probably because he had Kerry Collins and a raw Vince Young throwing too him.

OR did I miss the offensive juggernaut we were?

And I'd take 700 yards from a #2 anyway. Oh and I won't overlook the 800 yards he got the previous season, a mark he would have broken had he played all 16 games in his final Patriots season.

Shall I also mention the one season you seem keen on quoting has more yards than B. Jones has combined.

Fact is Givens has produced, Jones hasn't. The rest is just subjective.

2. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

When your recieving corps is so depleted, youre gonna get at least two guys on your only good Wr

3. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Gunny, what you did miss was the comparison of catches between our alleged stud #1 givens and the other titan WRs that i provided. Go back and read because i supplied those numbers. Bennett had 18 catches in the same games givens had 8.. wade had 10..

4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Givens revisited..06

this was this alleged stud WR who was supposed to be our #1. The guy who was going to finally give us that blazing fast deep threat we needed. What we really got our of david givens was a guy who looked slow, unprepared and ineffective. Bobby wade outplayed givens last year, nuff said..

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Leaning on a comparison between players in a 4 game stretch.

Bravo on the weakest argument I have heard in a long time.

6. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

How is the argument weak? I'm saying givens didn't do squat for us in those games. How is my point not being made? I have only 4 games to prove that givens sucked but how many games do you have to prove that he is still any good?

Here is a guy who was not even able to run full speed before camp started but he is supposedly better than our other WRs? What is the basis for that thinking? I might only have 4 games but you have none.

Bravo for an even weaker argument..

7. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Back up your comment gunny...

Note that you wrote that in the present tense as of right now givens is better. I'll assume you made a mistake there since the guy probably can't even practice full speed yet..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar