When did OT Become Viewed as the "Safe" Pick?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Fry, Dec 24, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

Need a CB high

2. HeadOnASwivel

HeadOnASwivel Pro Bowler

Ramsey is that guy, I think he can play anywhere in the secondary.

3. The Hammer

Then what are we going to do about safety?

4. HeadOnASwivel

HeadOnASwivel Pro Bowler

Round 4 Pick 1: Jayron Kearse, SS, Clemson (A+)

Possible answer. I don't think we can fix the entire team with one draft but this would be a hell of a start.

5. The Hammer

Fourth round is a gamble. We are more likely to end up with another Robert Johnson (or whatever his name is) than a good player. And FS is where we need help.

6. HeadOnASwivel

HeadOnASwivel Pro Bowler

I have to believe that this team is not going to part with Whiffin', as much as we all wish that would happen; but I hear you. I think it would be fantastic if we played Ramsey all over the field, kinda like the Cards do with Mathieu. So, in theory, Ramsey could play some FS, in certain situations or full time I dunno. Either way, Whiffin' and JMac are going to start next year so...

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. The Hammer

My point is that we have an old secondary, whether we keep Wiffin' or not. We need to inject a lot of good youth in there. And a fourth round pick is too risky for me to consider good youth. I want to see DBs in the first and second. Wiffin may be there next year but he will not be there long. McCourty is not signed for much longer either and he too has a very high cap number.

As for the OL, we have young guys there. Better to get good vets.

8. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

The draft projection thing is a fun diversion, but it isn't realistic and is too easy to game.

9. 520

520 2020 GOAT CHAMP from 3-7 to champ

No way jayrons available in the fourth in real life though

10. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

Yep. OL has to be all 5 solid, or nothing. Throwing 1st round picks at G and T has not worked out in the last 5 years. Throwing more into it may just be digging a deeper hole.

It would be horrible to miss at T at the #1 overall pick, when every eligible skill player in the world is at your disposal... Because the upside is Joe Thomas. Good OL player, crappy skill players.

In the top 10, you get players who will provide a spark. OT without the rest of the OL is nothing.

Oher is starting for the undefeated Panthers. This is an organizational problem, and it has been for years. Throwing 1st round draft picks at the OL will not help. This line has completely switched personnel, and it has been bad since Munchak gave up the spot.

It's bigger than what one (Hopefully) good OT will fix. Lewan and Warmack were very high picks, and haven't done a thing for us on the scoreboard or the win column. The Titans might as well have forfeited these 2 top 15 picks.

At least with a skill position player, you have potential for some real upside.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar