Whats the Next Position the Titans Sign?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by JCBRAVE, Mar 7, 2014.

?
  1. ILB

22 vote(s)
    61.1%
  2. OLB

4 vote(s)
    11.1%
  3. NT

1 vote(s)
    2.8%
  4. CB

4 vote(s)
    11.1%
  5. RB

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. RT

5 vote(s)
    13.9%
  7. WR

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Other

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

So far the Titans front office has re-signed a RB, a SS, and a DE, but which position do you believe will be the next to sign on with the Titans?

As of today I dont really see any of our remaining free agents as being a priority. You have Rusty Smith QB, Leon Washington RB, Greg Jones FB, Kenny Britt WR, Marc Mariani WR, Kevin Walter WR, Damian Williams WR, Mike Otto OL, Kevin Matthews OL, Chris Spencer OL, Rob Turner OL, Antonio Johnson DT, Zac Diles LB, and of course
    Alterraun Verner our star CB who has said he'd like to test the market and see what his value is. Everyone I listed can be had in later weeks.

Starting tomorrow at noon teams can begin talking with agents, but no signing can commence til Tuesday at 4:00 p.m.

So which hole will we fill next?

2. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I'm going to say MLB.

I wish it was OLB, but there isn't any "wow" OLBs on the market. Plus, we technically still have Wimbley, who I believe may restructure. Plus, Ayers is a fit for 3-4 OLB. ZB & Gooden may be able to also make the switch. A 3-4 OLB is needed still, but hopefully will be found in the draft.

There are some NTs available, worth of pursuing early - not likely.

CB - Only if it's Verner and I doubt it is. He wants $$$, we won't overpay.

I'm hoping our next signing is Karlos Dansby.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. JCBRAVE

Im hoping we reach out to Verner and make an offer before today is over. Once he gets those calls tomorrow it may be too late.

4. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

He is gone my friend...The chances of him resigning in my book are grim...I hope he does however. If he doesn't, expect them to go CB in the draft and early....

5. JCBRAVE

IDK, we see year after year a guy leaves his team and isn't the same in another city.

I think if we offer him a multi year deal averaging $6M-$7M he may stay.

6. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

Anything in the 7-$8mil range and I think we keep him below $7 mil he'd be doing us a huge favor.

7. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

I really think it is going to take 8+mil a year for him to stay. I will be shocked if he doesn't test the market. If you are going to get him to sign for 6mil a year then you are going to have to guarantee him a huge amount of the contract. Might not be a bad strategy. Sign him for 5 yrs and 30 mil with 25mil guaranteed....might take that over a 5 yr 40mil with 18mil guaranteed.

8. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

The Titans know Verner is priced out of their range. He's gone.

Also, big ups to JCBRAVE for starting a thread that's actually very interesting. I am having a really hard time deciding how to vote.

• High Five High Five x 4
  9. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

He's not really priced out of our range, he's priced out of his own range. He's going to be overpaid, and the smart thing to do is never overpay.

10. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar