What's in store for Kevin Walter?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by JCBRAVE, May 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

hahaha just thought it was funny that Paul K. is copying me on here!!!!

Ben (Louisa, KY)​

Can you rank the Titans WRs in order of current ability?
    Paul Kuharsky​

(3:17 PM)

Presuming Britt is healthy: Britt, Wright, Hunter, Washington, Williams, Walter.

2. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

Imagine our five wide sets???

Britt- Wash- Wright- Walter- Hunter

Seriously who could cover that set? Plus then you can just let locker run wild if they try to play man.

Williams? WILLIAMS?? Plaaaaayoofffs?? That's what I think when I hear about him. Not saying I think he won't get playing time, but holy fire people are going to be limited or just straight covered up on the depth chart. Wright INSTANTLY surpassed him last year.... Hunter is a different player but I wouldn't be surprised seeing the youngins making the vets fight for playing time.

3. LANGSTER

LANGSTER Pro Bowler

I see Britt as the 1. Nate if on the team as the 2. Wright as the 3 ( he is a slot guy) with Hunter as the 4. I think walter may have a hard time making this team. Preston,williams, walter fighting for one or maybe 2 spots if we keep 6. Walter is a lock to make the team if we move Nate. I am sorry Nate is way better than walter even if it cost a couple of million. He does not stay hurt and he can run

4. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

a 30 year old who is due about 9 million over the next 2 years doesn't scream future plans especially when we take a WR in the 2nd round

5. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Okay, well if you want to get technical, there's no chance Nate is on this team in 2015 when his contract ends. But as far as this season goes, he's on the team.

Next year would likely be when he gets cut... just doesn't make sense at the moment.

6. Smash

Smash 2017 Survivor Winner

Walter is a camp body and doesn't make the final 53.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. 520

520 2020 GOAT CHAMP from 3-7 to champ

walter will be our leading reciever

8. NewHorizans

NewHorizans Titans Ruckus (oYo)

I dont see that. I see him being our 5th or 6th WR. He is better than Preston, possibly better than Williams too. Of course wearing the 87 means he probably won't last past week 10

9. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

First of all Walter will have a tough time just making the team and Williams is a better player so all these ridiculous lists putting Walter above Williams make no sense. Williams is actually a decent WR but with Britt coming back, Wright being drafted and Washington as a starter he simply didn't get the reps and only had 30 receptions. But he had 45 the year before for almost 600 yards and a respectable 13+ YPC. Walter was brought in to generate competition and have a safety net in case of injuries.

And if we can't trade Nate and get some value for him what would be the point of letting him go? It costs us $900,000 to cut him and it is only worth it if we get compensated. With that said I think they would sign Williams to a reasonable deal to be depth after this season and not pay Nate his 4.8 and in fact that 4.8 would be a nice start to keeping Britt another year with the tag if he has a nice season or to pay other guys we need to keep. So this will be Nates last year with the team either way.

Also, we don't exactly have guys listed as #3,4,5 and such WRs because it depends on where the guy plays. Hunter might be our #3 guy on the outside but get fewer reps than the #1 slot guy. So it will be interesting how all this shakes out since they are talking about Wright playing outside more this year and Hunter seems to be strickly an outside guy. Maybe Wright can get both the outside and slot positions down well enough he starts outside but moves inside when we go 3 or more WRs. Also, where is Washington going to fit into the scheme of things now?

10. Smash

Smash 2017 Survivor Winner

He's on a one year contract, 1M and no guarantees afaik.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar