What would you trade Hasselbeck for?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans2004, Dec 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GeronimoJackson

GeronimoJackson Brainwashed by the Left. Now I am free.

Assuming Locker starts next season, with his style of play, he could very well miss a few games. We're not going to get more than a 5th round pick, it's better to keep Hasselbeck as insurance, he's more valuable to us as a back up than any possible draft pick we could get for him.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

I'm pretty sure Hass signed a 3 year contract with us, so we have him for 2 more years after this year.

3. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

Great post.

Also, I wonder how much of Locker's development has come from Hasselbeck mentoring him. As much as I've talked about Hass at times this season I'm def glad he's a Titan. He's given us a shot at the playoffs even with a depleted receiving core and a brand new offense.

4. HeadOnASwivel

HeadOnASwivel Pro Bowler

I completely believe in the statment "you're only as good as your backup QB". Locker starts next year backed up by Hass for the next couple years until his contract runs out. Locker and Hass' contract collectively won't be a huge burden due to the change in the rookie contracts. I think we'll have to draft a QB each draft for the next couple years to groom a new backup once Hass' contract has run out.

5. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

no faith in 'the Rifle'?

6. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

He's shown more fire and emotion than any other person in the whole fking organization.

It's only natural to want to trade the sole leader we have.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. MDTitansFan

MDTitansFan Rookie

honestly i understand about the having a great back up plan. I for one, can say Id rather have a crappy back up for locker than someone who can come in an make things happen then all of a sudden locker is on the bench. honestly we were better with VY, and it was annoying we had collins come in and diminish VYs progression regardless of how slow or miserable it was. It only hurt the franchise more that our 3rd overall pick of a QB was being replaced every other week. If that happens with locker, i might lose faith in the titans franchise for good.

8. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

no need to worry.

9. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

If we make the playoffs and win the whole thing I say let him finish out his contract.

If not, take whatever we can get for him and hand it over to Jake.

10. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

I think it's absurd to think any team would trade more than a 4th or 5th round pick for Hass. He is worth way more to the Titans than that. Have we all forgotten that he is currently mentoring the future franchise quarterback? Why would you want to trade that away?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar