What would you trade Hasselbeck for?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans2004, Dec 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

I think our qb situation is great right now and I don't want it to change. This yr has shown how losing your starter can ruin your season.

That being said. If you think Locker is ready to start next yr do you try to trade Hasselbeck this offseason?

I would think that you could find a team that would be willing to trade a 2nd or 3rd rnder for him or we could use him to move up in the first rnd to get a guy we really like.

Would you consider moving him?

2. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

Two first round picks and a years supply of gas.

but no, we won't/can't trade him. While he has been respectable for us, he has not commanded the attention of anything worth trading for. Right now, I think he means too much to this team to be traded for anything that he would be worth.

3. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

The fans that want to hack off team leaders are funny to me.

4. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

We need a great backup QB regardless of who the starter is. I think Hass only has a year left on his contract so keep him an extra year and even re-sign him for cheap a 3rd year if we still need him.

I think Hass would be very effective coming off the bench with fresh legs. When he's got some bounce in his step he's still an effective passer. Unless Rusty has a breakthrough off-season I think it'd be a mistake to trade him. Especially with a mobile QB.

• High Five High Five x 2
  5. mike75

mike75 Pro Bowler

I've been disappointed the past month or so but overall he has been very valuable to us this season.After the season is over i would lock Hasselbeck up strictly as a backup QB to Locker for two or three more years if we could because he would be a great proven backup QB.You see a lot of older QB's like Brunnel,Kitna,Delhomme,Garcia and a few others staying in their late thirties and beyond as a backup.At least you know if Locker had to come out you can count on Hasselbeck to run the offense.

If i'm Reinfeldt i float the idea to Hasselbeck of signing a new two or three year contract to backup Locker starting next season.It would be a great way to spend his last few years and he would be playing for a contender.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. pettso

pettso Starter

Hasselbeck is not going anywhere. He's probably not worth much of anything. The only way I see him leaving is if Locker wins out early next year and a desperate team (starter gets injured) offers a lot more than he's worth. The chances of Hasselbeck not being a Titan at least until the end of his contract are extremely slim.

7. Na$hville

Na$hville Veteran

Definitely not trade him. Hass is perfect to be backup for Locker. Imagine if Jake got hurt and we had to throw rusty in..

8. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

I'd be ecstatic if we could get a 6th-7th rounder for Hasselbeck. Sadly no one would give that for a 36 year old with a pee pee shooter arm.

9. MAAANDUDE#31

MAAANDUDE#31 Rookie

A beer and a hotdog. Seriously though, why would we trade Hass even if Locker starts next year. Like it was said earlier, we need a decent backup.

10. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Not going to get much for a 36 year old(next year) who makes a $5.5M salary the next 2 seasons.

Unless a team is really desperate and needs a vet to carry them over 5-6 games. Even so can they handle it regarding the cap?

His value to us as a backup would be greater than the mid round pick we would get for him.

Remember we got a 4th for Mcnair in 06? Not enough..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar