What would you do if Jevon Ringer blows CJ out of the water?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by jessestylex, Apr 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Volunteers10

Volunteers10 Camp Fodder

wow. pulled that one out of your :grrr::grrr::grrr:, didn't you?

Just because a back is taller doesn't mean he can't see the holes. Being smaller does make the defenders have a hard time seeing you through the holes, though.

Brandon Jacobs? Eddie George? Darren McFadden? Bo Jackson? Earl Campbell?

2. DCMobInc

DCMobInc R.I.P Air McNair #9

Kind of harsh there weren't you? He did say that wasn't always the case.

I don't think Darren McFadden's 1st year is a good example and Earl Campbell was 5'11". Which I know that's just splitting hairs, but you get the point.

I think the thing about taller RB's is they tend to become less effective at a quicker pace as where a smaller back would still start to slow down at the end of their career but not as quickly. Think Deuce McAllister and Eddie George! This is just an opinion though.

3. Lava

Lava Camp Fodder

I really want to come up with a witty response, but I can't even think long enough to without getting distracted by the sheer stupidity of jesse's post.

4. nbtoppers2

nbtoppers2 Pro Bowler

all? spell his name right and use the proper word so you don't look like a moron
    ________
    Expatriate Insurance Forum

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

What's with the constant Jesse bashing??? No, I don't agree that every thought in his head warrants a thread, but he does keep things more lively during the offseason. What are we supposed to talk about right now??? I like this thread.

Ringer reminds me nothing of CJ. For starters, he doesn't have CJ's speed (duh), but he appears to have better instincts, and he can break tackles, which is something CJ struggles with. To be honest, he reminds me more of Maurice Jones-Drew, in many aspects, and is probably the perfect complimentary back for CJ right now, but I could fathom him surpassing CJ at some point. With Ringer's skill set, it's quite possible. Hopefully, they work really well together, and CJ gets 2,000+ yards rushing, and Ringer gets 20+ TD's.

6. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

The main issue for me is if ringer can beat out ganther for the third spot on our roster.

There is a reason he fell to the bottom of the 5th rd. Not very big and not very fast not unlike another big ten back from last years draft mike hart, who might get cut this camp from the colts.

Ringer is not a sleeper pick like terrell davis or priest holmes guys who were backups in college and didn't have the big numbers so were neglectfully passed over. Ringer was thought to be a 1st rd prospect when this process began but as he did the workouts and ran at the combine the scouts became less impressed and he kept slipping to the point that every single team passed on him 5 times until we took him.

7. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Bullcrap! Totally uncool..

Maybe we should all just ignore you instead?

Totally uncool in my opinion to even joke about something like that. The ignore feature is an individual thing so use it if you want.

Jesse has a right to his opinion just like everyone else.

8. psychotictitan

psychotictitan Its About That Time...

It's going to be very interesting to see how the RB situation is going to pan out. We all know CJ is the guy and LW is the compliment but after that its up in the air. I think Ringer has the potentional if he has a solid TC to be the #3 leaving Henry and Ganther the odd men out. I'm assuming LW is going to have a solid year since he's going into his contract year and supposedly in great shape which is yet to be seen. But with the production of CJ last year and comments by Fish/Dinger about getting the ball to CJ more, i'm curious to see how LW is going to take it. Either way its a good problem to have,having 3 backs who are capable of running the ball effectively can only help a team.

9. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

I don't think CJ should carry the ball more than 250 times a season. We need to be careful of burning him out like eddie. Plus he is a smaller back who takes a lot of hard shots. Get him more touches in the passing game but keep his carries at 250 he will give us a very effective 250 carries. In fact CJ put up almost the same numbers in 250 carries last year that eddie george would typically put up 250 carries.

That means there are 150-200 carries for another back or backs on this team and a prime opportunity for a guy like ringer if he is up for the task.

10. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

George hardly ever cracked 4.0 yd/carry average where Chris Johnson's average is an outstanding 4.9 yd/carry. George's career average is 3.7 yd/carry. That is a huge discrepancy.

Here's the top 10 averages last season...

Eddie George never was able to do this...

Yds/Rushing Att

Derrick Ward /5.6
    DeAngelo Williams /5.5
    Brandon Jacobs /5.0
    Chris Johnson /4.9
    Adrian Peterson/4.8
    Pierre Thomas /4.8
    Steve Slaton /4.8
    Sammy Morris /4.7
    Jonathan Stewart /4.5
    Larry Johnson /4.5
    Thomas Jones /4.5
    Michael Turner /4.5

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar