What would Mularkey have to do to become full-time HC in 2016?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by JCBRAVE, Nov 4, 2015.

?
  1. 6-7

42 vote(s)
    79.2%
  2. 4-5

9 vote(s)
    17.0%
  3. 2-3

2 vote(s)
    3.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 615nick

615nick Starter

If he wins 2 games i think we should def look for a new coach. If he wins 3 we should consider bringing him back as hc. If he wins 4, he should def be retained as hc, that's a huge jump for this team right now. 5+ wins and it shouldn't even be debated. This guy has done some grest things as an oc, but not so much as a hc. But, the way he's handling the playcalling and his past achievements, i think we get "hot" and win 3-5 games to close the year.

Fisher is the last guy to be an interim coach for this franchise. He went 1-6 in that role, but was retained and we drafted mc9 the next year. Good move, imo. We have our qb, so even 2-7 is unacceptable to me. But, 3-6 and he's headed in the right direction.

2. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

Cmon JC, you know better. The Cardinals were dysfunctional and horrible offensively, Warner stepped up and ran the Rams offense with youngsters in Fitz/Boldin/Beanie. That team was just as young if not younger than our Titans minus MM.

Whiz was trash then and is trash now. He owes his only success to Kurt

3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Look at those names tho, still to this day mosty making money off their football IQ's being as high as they are.

I wont argue this long, just saying that team fit Whiz' vision, ours doesn't..

where on our team do you see a Larry Fitzgerald? He was hands down the most polished WR Ive ever seen come into the league.. He and Boldin helped facilitate what Whiz was drawing up..

Simply put, here, he didn't have the players he needed

not saying this team cant win now how they are today, they can, just not with his graduate level system..

4. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

For me it's not so much a "X number of wins" thing as it is just seeing how this team, particularly the offense, responds to him and the changes he is supposedly going to make.

I know Mularkey would be a very unexciting hire to the fanbase, and he wouldn't be at the top of my list either. It's certainly fair to say he's been a HC failure not once but twice. But if we go beyond the mere wins and losses you have to admit neither of them were anything close to good situations. The Bills have been hovering between awful and mediocre pretty much since 2000 (last two years aside). And Jacksonville was an absolute dumpster fire before he took over and continued to be an absolute dumpster fire even after he left. He was working with the likes of Blaine Gabbert, a done MJD, and a bunch of nothin' at WR.

I know people are gonna say "Well the Titans aren't a great situation either". And that's true. But I do believe we have some decent talent on offense, we have a good thing going on defense, and he and Mariota are already familiar with each other.

Again, I'm not so much advocating for him. But if the offense looks noticeably improved and the team is playing hard, I think I'd be okay with him sticking around next year.

#24 SawdustMan, Nov 4, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2015
    • High Five High Five x 2
  5. Dman5TX

Dman5TX Pro Bowler

For me the team needs to finish 9-7 or 8-8 for Mularkey to be given a 2nd shot.

Not only that but the team can't get blown out. Patriots always seem to do that. I want a coach that can build a solid game plan when we play elite teams.

6. JCBRAVE

these nine games are a good test to see where Mularkey is as a HC

theres some elite offenses/defenses and some average ones.. Good mix to gauge him

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

I guess Whiz is just too advanced for the NFL now. Oh well, good riddance.

• LOL LOL x 1
  8. JCBRAVE

Do you know that saying; "its not what you say but how you say it"?

Thats what is wrong with Whiz, he doesn't know how to break it down to these players, he's an old soul, its not easy for him to relate to these players now, and he's naturally arrogant, so he didn't take the time to learn about them all.

Mularkey is the complete opposite. He has some fundemental principles he wants guys to master like what Seattle does... I think this could work for us..

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Might as well say "For me the team needs to win the Super Bowl for Mularkey to be given a 2nd shot."

10. JCBRAVE

Id be shocked if he won that many, but outside of New England anything can happen

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar