What will Merril Hoge Say?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Chapparal97, Nov 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tex-titan

tex-titan Camp Fodder

Actually if landed anywhere else they might have developed his unique abilities rather than forcing him into the Fisher QB mold.

• High Five High Five x 2
  2. Jessica

Jessica Starter

Maybe not being on this team would help. Maybe not. I'm not saying you're wrong, I'm just saying that to act as if you are so sure of something--especially someone's ability to improve--is ridiculous. On the other hand, Vince hasn't given us much to work with, maturity-wise.

3. 24

24 Starter

Ok, I can give you that.

4. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

I don't listen to the guy so i wouldn't know.

Maybe that Fisher sucks..

5. Obie09

Obie09 Pro Bowler

Maybe because, This year Vince was having a better year than any year McNair had until his 7th.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. erut07

erut07 Camp Fodder

Pretty retarded of you. Sorry I'm sick of the bull on this site. VY wins games. HE WINS GAMES. That is the single most important thing you can do as an NFL franchise. If this organization wants to win games, they should just let Vince be Vince. Damn the work ethic. Damn the drama. Damn the antics. If Vince wants to go off and throw his pads at Roger Goodell, let him. You know why, CAUSE HE WINS GAMES. And until he stops winning games, maybe Fisher should just do what he can to help him keep winning games. But Fisher would have a QB who is easier to coach. Who makes Fisher's job easier. Well guess what, Fisher gets paid big bucks too and maybe he should attempt to earn his salary with the team he has rather than te team he wants. Is it not immature for Fisher to want VY to be easier to coach. Maybe try coaching him less if you are so worried about having to work so hard and let Vince fail on his own? No, instead he won't give him the chance to fail or succeed on his own. He'ld rather just take him out of the game altogether.

You guys can take any side you want, but I would assume, in the end, all of you just want to see the Titans win. Well guess what, there is a guy on the roster who wins 2 out of every 3 games, and he is being held out by a guy who's just tired of doing his job.... Until VY proves he is incapable of winning, maybe Fisher should just put up with his antics. Other coaches do it all the time.

7. joeman546

joeman546 Rookie

I just dont think the fisher mentalit and the young mentality fit well together actually. As a fan, i enjoy the young mentalitym the high stakes drive to win on every play is fun to watch. For Fisher, it is a slow and steady approach. Vince is wanting this to be his team, while fisher wants it to be his.

in a way, it is similar to how peyton manning has the keys to the colts, and how other great quarterbacks get the keys especially in dire situations.

He is just that type of guy, and has won quite a few games where he was given control, even when he wasnt even an ok passer. Thats not ok with fisher, ive never seen anything after the incident two years ago that indicates he wants vince in control.

If vinces numbers arent elite this year, its only because he doesnt get enough attempts. But you know, now that we beat into him pocket passing, i dont see what was special about him anymore.

8. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

"Titans should have drafted Matt Leinart. That way the franchise could be dismantled in 2007, with a new coach and a new direction established by 2010"

9. TJFish

TJFish The Arkansan

Screw Merril Hoge. Ugly little conniving red-headed step-child from hell.

All of the media is against Vince. ITS HORRIBLE. VY has always been my hero man, and now biased little sportscasters that don't wanna tell the whole story are trying their best to RUIN him. You'd think they were running against him for a political office. Even Mickey Ryan bashed the hell out of Vince today on the radio.

So far, the ONLY sportscasters who have been at least FAIR towards Vince were Deion Sanders, Michael Irvin, Adam Schefter, and a couple of guys on Around the League.

I'm ready to see a sportscaster trash Fisher for once instead of treating him like a god.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar