What will be the punishment for Britt?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Aug 5, 2012.

?
  1. Suspended four games.

44 vote(s)
    49.4%
  2. Suspended two games.

33 vote(s)
    37.1%
  3. Suspended one game.

3 vote(s)
    3.4%
  4. No suspension. Hefty fine.

9 vote(s)
    10.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

He's already injured and our roughest stretch is the first 4 games. So give him a big punishment like 4 games and...

-it allows him to rest those knees more
    -we can only get better after that stretch
    -hopefully he learns his lesson

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

The flip side is he won't have football to hold his attention so he might find himself in Jersey again.

3. Sabomnim

Sabomnim Starter

where is the news about his meeting? didnt he meet goodell monday? i know its only wednesday but i figured we would at least hear him say something about how it went

4. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Last time he met with Goodell, he got his answers four days later. I'm guessing Friday will be the day.

5. Titans Insider

Titans Insider Titans News

Titans wide receiver Kenny Britt said he’s worried about a potential NFL suspension after his meeting on Monday with Commissioner Roger Goodell. Britt, in his first public comments of training camp, declined to discuss specifics of the meeting.

“It was a personal meeting and I would rather just wait and see what happens,” Britt said on Wednesday. “I am a man about what I did and I will take it on the chin on whatever he decides and move forward.

“What is my gut telling me? I really don’t know. He didn’t really give me any body language on what is going to happen. He just wasn’t really pleased about seeing me in there. No person would like to see a player in their office twice in one year.”

Britt has been part of eight incidents involving police since the Titans selected him in the first round of the 2009 draft. Last month, he was charged with DUI as he tried to enter the Army post at Fort Campbell, Ky. He’s waiting to find out a court date.

Britt declined to answer questions about what happened at Fort Campbell.

Earlier this week, coach Mike Munchak said the Titans didn’t know when Goodell might decide Britt’s fate. An NFL spokesman declined comment on Wednesday.

Britt met with Goodell last year following a number of incidents that occurred during the lockout. In that meeting, Goodell indicated that any future issues would not be so easily overlooked.

“Anybody should be worried about going to see the commissioner twice in one year, to tell you the truth,” Britt said. “I just have to take it on the chin and move forward.”

Source: Titans Insider

6. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I wonder if we'll get word today on the suspension.

7. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

The sooner the better, I hate waiting

8. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

4 games easy

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

I'm gonna go with 4 too.

10. Titaneers

Titaneers Ultimate Player

wait you cant vote for two?
    no suspension hefty fine.... complains on facebook/twitter/instagram.... gets 4+ game fine...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar