What we Will Miss in 07

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by DCtitan49, Apr 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

Without him the defense would have been rated 32...
    we would have also ended the season with 6-10 or even worse..

Say what you want about his off-field persona... but comeon, give him the credit he deserves when he's in two tone blue..

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

you're entitled to your opinion, but matt jones tourched us without pacman last year. even if harper has the season of his life, we still have hill/draft pick/ finnegan starting on the other side. also throw in the fact that we dont know who our other starting safety will be, and you have a recipe for disaster. communication and chemistry is very important in secondary, and right now, we have NONE.
    God forbid someone improve from their first year to their second. i seem to remember pacman giving up a grand total of 4 tds last year, two of them in one game.

if you think we wont miss this, then you are sorely mistaken.

"One player who truly deserves a spot on this list for his play is Adam "Pacman" Jones. With the exception of Champ Bailey, who is in a class by himself, Jones is as good a cover corner as there is in the league, and is just scratching the surface of his abilities. He also plays the game with a nasty edge.

Jones is extremely fast and explosive out of his breaks. He is very fluid in transition and has exceptional ball skills. Once he gets his hands on the ball, few defensive players in the league can compete with his run-after-catch ability. He is a superb return man, but an even better cornerback."

3. dgood

dgood Guest

I agree with you that he will be missed. However, what im saying is that we aren't going to be as bad as you think we are. Harper on one side with Hill/Finnegan on the other, is a good duo. And before you start to lay into me, i do agree Hill has had issues. But Finnegan will do fine.

As for comparing him to being right behind Champ Baily I believe that it is def. not true. Pacman did progress alot last year. He does have great hands, and speed. But you still haven't explained why if this guy is sooooo great as everyone says, why we had almost the worst pass defense in the league.

I must say the one spot we will miss him is returning for us, because he did possess alot of talent there. But I think that CB wise, you guys are all overrating him. In my books:

1) Champ Baily
    2) Fred Smoot
    3) Asante Samuel
    4) Deangalo Hall
    5) Dre Bly
    6) Nnamdi Asomugha
    7) Chris McAlister
    8) Samari Rolle
    9) Charles Woodson
    10) Al Harris
    11) Ronde Barber
    12) Pacman Jones

4. Fry

three reasons

1. jim schwartz
    2. lamont thompson
    3. reynaldo hill

5. Fry

wow. especially smoot, he wasnt even the best corner on his team, far from it actually.

not having rashean mathis on there is a crime.

6. dgood

dgood Guest

Alright, I would agree the Schwartz is part of the reason. As well as Thompson because he has let alot of big plays go by.

As for Mathis, yes, i forgot about him. Smoot however, is def. one of the top five in the league. Why do you think that there was talk about Bly being traded for Smoot?

"Negatives: Gives up a lot of underneath receptions backed off the line of scrimmage. Has only two years of starting experience. Lacks top cornerback size" (scout.com)

And i just want to clear up one thing. In my original post i had put i wont miss him at all. What i meant to say was I think Harper can cover for him....he will be missed. But we will do fine for the year.

7. Fry

and while we're comparing individual talent to overall team performance, let's look at those teams' pass defense rankings.

denver: 21
    minnesota: 32
    new england: 12
    atlanta: 27
    detroit: 25
    oakland: 1
    baltimore: 6
    green bay: 17
    tampa bay: 19
    tennessee: 27

eight of your best cover corners played on defenses that ranked in the bottom half the league

8. Fry

smoot was benched he was playing so poorly and then cut during this offseason. teams dont just cut top five or ten corners for no reason.

9. dgood

dgood Guest

Ok, i would agree with that. I do have a question though. Was Oakland really #1? Im not questioning your knowledge at all, but that just really suprised me.

10. Fry

yeah, but it was skewed because teams could run at will and once they scored, oakland really didnt have a chance to come back because their offense was so terrible.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar