What was the Purpose of Hiring Mike Mularkey?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Fry, Jan 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skitch

skitch Shut Up and Play Ball!

Maybe not. But he is gone now.
    He did some good things, and while I know that no one here gives a ****......there are dozens of people that don’t have a job or don’t know right now. Not just the high paid guys like the HC or OC, but lots of assistants, trainers, etc....

2. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

I’m definitely thankful for the culture and this season....but it was time to move on

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. RTH

RTH Meh...

He helped change the culture and team attitude... but he peaked. He is what he is - average.

Also... his inability to groom new players was apparent.

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I don't buy the cheap hire stuff.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. Chronos

Chronos Pro Bowler

Yes, these changes bring a lot of turmoil to the current staff. I know one of the trainers and he has been around through coaching changes so not everyone will be turned over. Still, hate to see anyone out of work.

6. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

True story...I don’t know how or why, but you were on my ignored list. I’ve never ignored anyone on here and don’t know how lol. Is there a way it could accidentally be hit? As for the team, it’s a bummer for current staff, but we had no choice

7. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

I’ve been one of the more vocal Mularkey opponents around here of late.

But I’ll give credit where credit is due.

Mularkey took over a dumpster fire, and quickly instilled a better culture and took us to semi respectability. Sure, there were a lot of factors helping that, but he did it.

I wanted him gone because I did not and do not believe he could take us from where we are now to where we need to go. That simple. The scheme was atrocious. The stubbornesss with personal (Murray all year) was bad. The visible regression of the offense was troubling.

Basically, he is married to one way of football. The league doesn’t work that way. You have to be flexible, play different games for different opponents.

The pats game was a prime example. We had, at best, a slim shot at that game. In order to maximizs your chance, you have to play aggressively, be a bit unconventional.

We lined up and did what we did 17 times before this season. And got smoked. Now sure. Maybe we get smoked no matter what. But he did not give us a chance in that game.

We need someone who can build a multiple, flexible offense. Like the pats do. Some games they win running power. Sometimes they dink you to death. Sometimes they air raid you. They are masters of identifying a weakness and exploiting it. And they always do so aggressively.

That is what we need. You coach to win the game. Not “keep it close and have a chance at the end.”

8. 520

520 2020 GOAT CHAMP from 3-7 to champ

Barely tho

9. Chronos

Chronos Pro Bowler

If you ever opened the profile while trying to open a thread, you could touch the ignore button by accident. No biggie, but you have missed some really cool posts...

10. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Mike Mularkey is a loser and a quitter. That has been proven to be true. A Losing record everywhere he's been the HC. Quit on two of his three teams. He was fired from the other before he had a chance to quit.

We should all be THANKFUL we don't have that goon leading this team anymore.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar