What was the Purpose of Hiring Mike Mularkey?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Fry, Jan 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Not entirely wrong. At the time of the hire, Munchak was still getting paid also. So the Not more than 3 number is right. and Mularkey was already getting paid by the organization so the increase was really only the difference with the TE and HC salary.

2. MsgBoardJesus

MsgBoardJesus Starter

Like I said when he was hired, he’s a solid coach to get us back to relevance, but not a championship coach. Now that we’re looking to take the next step (a year earlier than I think it should be) we need a coach that can get us there. Mularkey just proved me right in my evaluation by walking out.

3. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

It’s Eston you are talking to. His mission is to be as outrageous as possible.

• High Five High Five x 2
  4. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

The Munchak hire was out of necessity because Fisher left way after other HC vacancies were filled. He ended up bringing in the worst coaching staff I have ever seen as a result of that timing as well. He was dead in the water from the beginning.

Ken Whizenhunt was an abject failure who thought "versatility" was an identity.

Mike Mularkey was a loser(14-18, 2-12, 20-21) and a quitter(Bills and Titans).

5. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

Titans coach rankings:
    1 early fisher
    2 Mularkey
    3 munchak
    4 Late Fisher
    5. Whisenhunt

Let me also add that only one of these people has been fit to be a nfl HC. The gap between the 1 and 2 is the Grand Canyon. 2-3 are virtually a tie to me.

What a pathetic list.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. altitan

altitan Pro Bowler

And because of this he did NOTHING good here? Dont be stupid

7. GeronimoJackson

GeronimoJackson Brainwashed by the Left. Now I am free.

Some people just want to see the world burn.

8. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

He certainly took advantage of a weak schedule while being here. I'll give him credit for that.

9. skitch

skitch Shut Up and Play Ball!

Your need to be right all the time (or think you are) is pathetic.

“Hey....it rained today! I’ve been saying for 2 years that it’s going to rain at some point! Look at me....I told you so!”

10. Chronos

Chronos Pro Bowler

They believed he was better than 9-7. He wasn’t.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar