What type of system does Ruston want???

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans2004, Jan 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

In his press conference Webster kept mentioning that he wanted a coach with a solid system so that he could draft players for that system. He said it was important for him and the coach to be on the same page in regards to the system. So what sort of system do you think Webster wants the Titans to run? Can we take anything away from his recent drafts in regards to what system he wants us to run.

I really think that we will get a head coach that is offensive minded. Just look at our drafts and FA moves with Locker, Wright, Hunter, Warmack and Levitre and Walker. Webster clearly wants us to have a dynamic offense. He will want a guy to get the most out of what he has brought in because if those players don't produce then it will cost Webster his job.

I really think that Roman from the 49ers is Webster's top choice. We have invested in the OL like the 49ers. We have a mobile QB. We have Walker who has played for him. The pieces are in place for Roman to install his offense without us having to make too many additions.

I would be very happy if Roman was our head coach and Williams was our DC. Sorry about the new thread. I have been out of town and didn't want to read through all 66 pages of the coaching thread.

Do you all think Ruston wants a pass first offense or a run first offense? Because the answer to that question probably leads to the next HC.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. KyTitansFan

KyTitansFan GM of GoTitans

From reports, Webster wants a run first offense.

3. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

he runs a 3-4 and wants to bring back the red jerseys

but seriously, I think we are going after a 'defensive minded' coach that runs a base 4-3. We are not totally rebuilding, so its important the coach uses what we have. So, I think Roman is *probably* the ideal candidate. Outside of the 3-4......

4. KyTitansFan

Roman is an offensive coach.

5. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

then who the **** am I thinking of?

6. KyTitansFan

Mike Zimmer?

7. Brew City

Brew City Case Race Champion

I think Roman is the guy. He's been successful at what we've been trying to do here and has the same type of personnel with the 49ers right now.

8. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

no but he is my first choice......I don't know, regardless I could live with Roman.

9. KyTitansFan

10. KyTitansFan

Same here. Zimmer would be awesome.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar