What to do with Mariota past 2019

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Whitters21, Feb 14, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

Division Championship, convincingly or GTFO! Bye Felicia!

• High Five High Five x 2
  2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Why does the entire internet think Felisha would spell her name the right way?

3. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I think the picture on Mariota will be clear after '19.

No new system to learn. Can't blame anything on that next season. I think it'll help Davis and the other receivers even more.

Davis and Taylor have another season under their belts. I used to hear season three was the one where WRs thrive because they're no longer focused on running the right routes and able to focus more on catching the football. Take that for what it's worth.

Walker will be back. We'll know soon enough if he's the same player. Same with Smith.

I would not be shocked to see a TE drafted in the first three rounds or a FA brought in. Same with WR. I'd like to see a vet come in and be someone who can be a positive influence to the receivers.

With the excuses gone, it's all on Marcus to show he's worthy of a long-term investment.

• High Five High Five x 4
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I believe that to be accurate. IDK how much time you or others spend looking at the next gen charts but all the savvy vet WR's run some really crooked routes.

Take Edelman for example, he just floats around and gravitates into open spaces, there is no wasted movements in his routes, no stopping and losing speed, just floats around and the ball finds him.

Charts | NFL Next Gen Stats

Now look at a rookies routes Charts | NFL Next Gen Stats. Those routes look the way theyre drawn up.

And remember Delanie Walker talking about overcome coaching? He was talking about young players finding ways to get open and not running things exactly as theyre drawn up.

5. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

If Mariota stays healthy a lot of you are gonna look silly and bitter.

Some Titans fans might as well cheer for other teams. They continuously hold this franchise back. That’s real

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 3
  6. RTH

RTH Meh...

Gotta have a capable backup that can win you 2-3.

Gabbert isn't that guy.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. JRayStay

JRayStay Starter

Zero points awarded for originality.
    ROFL

8. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

The fans are the ones holding the franchise back? :drunk:

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

What year does Chris Johnson enter the Hall of Fame again? That's coming up, right?

• LOL LOL x 1
  10. Whitters21

Whitters21 Starter

Totally with you here. We have needed our backup QB every season these past 4 years under Mariota so we should value the position higher than other teams. Hope JRob has a better plan this year. Gabbert can be a camp arm.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar