What to do, what to do, what to do....

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Gut, May 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I think the Titans are clearly taking a win-now approach. That's why they brought in the vets. That's why they are going the lengths they are to keep McNair another couple of seasons. But I don't see the Titans any better than .500 this season.

Having said that, you must invest in the future. You have to be ready to re-tool, especially at the QB position. To me, everything points to the Titans pushing for a Wildcard in '07 and being ready to challange in '08 and beyond.

Hopefully, the worst is behind us.

2. I'm hoping for a .500 this season, that would be great

3. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Well, aside from Mawae, the "veterans" we signed are probably going to be around for a good number of years. I don't think it was a win-now signings, in that case we'd have seriously looked at Arrington and Law among others.

4. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I agree. I didn't mean to imply an all or nothing approach. Reese said he wanted experience and guys with a future.

5. well i think that our defence is going to be much much better this year, with those two new signings and our offense since we have another receiver that we can rely on to catch the ball beside bennet, i truly believe we can have a .500 season this year

6. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

we have a tough schedule this year.

.500 would be optimistic unless we have a standout like KVB this season.

7. maximus

maximus Starter

Back when they gave Big Ben the keys, the Bus was in the mix as well

8. maximus

maximus Starter

Man, I hope they do...
    Volek cant stay healthy...neither can McNair
    Volek hasnt proven himself a consitent starter....McNair has
    Volek, imo, is suited best for mop up duty, a couple of games here and there, and holding the clipboard

9. Brian

Brian Big Fan

Both. Start by offering McNair a two year deal for $12.5M

10. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

A few major differences...

While the 94 Oliers weren't good, we had a smashmouth D and slowly built up the offense.

Here, we already have a ton of talent on D but don't have a good D - if you catch my drift - and we already have the pieces for the offense.

Based on that, I don't want to see us have a few mediocre seasons followed by a few good ones (9-7) but never making it anywhere because we never become dominant again.

Gut

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar